Catalyst Game Labs: BattleTech Clan Invasion box set

Xiwo Xerase

• Replies 686
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

6 hours ago, WhiteWulfe said:

...Why am I trying to make the idea of 2x Star Colonels and 3x Star Captains (the $90 one) happen?  Well, other than I pretty much could get the mechs I want for all forces... 

And here I was seriously thinking of not going as high as 1 Star Colonel. I ended up buying a little bit less than my wish list and wasn't sad about missing the $40 worth of things they removed because it would have been in the 2nd wave. I went with 1 of all the inner sphere lances except for the fire lance (only wanted the trebuchet out of it), clan heavy striker and heavy stars and legendary pack. So 33 IS, 12 comstar, 15 clan, 5 legendary, 2 elementals and 10 clan salvage packs. 73 mechs should keep us busy for awhile. Should maybe have grabbed a star of elementals but skipped them for now as we're doing mostly 3025. Works out to roughly $8/mech canadian plus all  other stuff. Still thinking I shouldn't have spent $600 cad on this right now but that's way cheaper than we'll get any other time. Been wanting a bunch of these since I was playing as a kid over 30 years ago.

edit: plus I'm asking for the beginner box and A Game of Armored Combat box for christmas. And have a small amount of metal mechs already. Will have roughly a hundred mechs with only a few duplicates when the dust settles next year.

Edited by Zink
  • Like 3

25 minutes ago, Zink said:

And here I was seriously thinking of not going as high as 1 Star Colonel.

I suspect it's going to be more along the lines of an idea I flirt with, but in the end don't wind up going with, at least in the initial rush of the first pledge manager opening.  To do such is more than I can afford (it's another $1240 CAD give or take, which would require somehow making a lot of extra money in the next two months), but I'm suspecting at least a dual Star Colonel is in my future.

If I did go with such a crazy idea, I'd have two trinaries of elementals, plus a bunch of mechs, and I think I counted 21 or 23 salvage packs,and I'd have doubles of most of the mechs I like a lot.  We shall see.  It's a nice idea, but rather tough to pull off logistically, especially with so many other things in the "next three months" kind of horizon. 

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Jasper_the_2nd said:

I'm still kind of scared to log in and start picking......:blink:

Yeaaah, I went from "I'm good with just Star Colonel" to trying to figure out how I'm going to secure another $1200 CAD or so....  Even more if I do get the dropship and the statues... 

• Like 2