Catalyst Game Labs: BattleTech Clan Invasion box set

Xiwo Xerase

• Replies 686
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

32 minutes ago, Jasper_the_2nd said:

Finally decided to look at this.    Did they explain why the values don't match?  They have Star Colonel at $260 when the pledge was $300.

I expect it was explained and I'm just forgetting, but a quick scan of the last few updates doesn't show anything....

Sort of.  the Star Colonel had a few things split off.  If you still want them you can add them back in and come back to the same $300 

specifically the Strana Mechty Mat ($30), Reinforcements: Die Cut Pack #2($5), and Reinforcements: Record Sheet book #2($5).  

It was mentioned in the comments that they were split off because they were all wave 2 options, so they were giving you a way to opt out and get something else and keep your wave 1 shipping, or keep them and bump to wave 2.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

14 minutes ago, Cygnwulf said:

Sort of.  the Star Colonel had a few things split off.  If you still want them you can add them back in and come back to the same $300 

specifically the Strana Mechty Mat ($30), Reinforcements: Die Cut Pack #2($5), and Reinforcements: Record Sheet book #2($5).  

It was mentioned in the comments that they were split off because they were all wave 2 options, so they were giving you a way to opt out and get something else and keep your wave 1 shipping, or keep them and bump to wave 2.

Thanks!  I don't think I'll miss any of those, although I should probably see what the record sheet book #2 contains.....

Made it through the pledge manager, went with Star Colonel x2
Really only paid attention to the mechs, and making sure I got all of them ::D:

• Like 3

33 minutes ago, Jasper_the_2nd said:

Really only paid attention to the mechs, and making sure I got all of them

Really wishing I could afford to do this....

I'm in at the Star Commander, but really thinking about going up to the Star Captain level for the lance packs.....  Trying to figure out if any of them have a Shadowcat in them, I didn't ever see it in any of the concepts....

Edit: nvm, It's in the Clan Command Star.

Edited by Cygnwulf
I dum. Or blin. or sometin
  • Like 4

4 hours ago, Jasper_the_2nd said:

Finally decided to look at this.    Did they explain why the values don't match?  They have Star Colonel at $260 when the pledge was $300.

I expect it was explained and I'm just forgetting, but a quick scan of the last few updates doesn't show anything....

They dropped the neoprene map and some printed wave 2 sheets due to shipping costs.

• Like 3

I upgraded myself to "bloodnamed", and added a few items.

There are a lot of miscellaneous items I'd like to add (more maps, dice, etc.), but I had to draw a line some place. A lot of the things I want are $30-40 items, and add up very quickly if I try to push much beyond my current order. :down:

Bones is coming, and I am not made of money.

Edited by klarg1
  • Like 4

14 minutes ago, klarg1 said:

Bones is coming, and I am not made of money.

Yep, I went small for Bones and big on this. I figure I have a year to scrape up the money for more Bones but this was now or more expensive at retail. Think I got enough mechs but there's a few I wouldn't mind having duplicates of. 

• Like 4

I am getting most of the miniatures I want with the four packs in my bloodnamed bundle, although the "Inner Sphere Retaliation" pack is tempting. Most of what I still want to add is "other":

I would like to give out Urbanmech plushies as gifts to a few select people.

I would like duplicates of some of the fancy neoprene maps, so I can double up my play area for certain terrain types.

I would like new printings of some of the rulebooks with the latest errata.

I would probably like something else I'm forgetting.

All that is expensive.

Even a pretty conservative reading of what I just wrote runs over $200. Bones add-ons can definitely wait.

Edited by klarg1
  • Like 4

Yeah, kind of the same here.  I've already downgraded plans to adding in a Bloodnamed to my Star Colonel, as well as one set of neoprene mats, once they fix the whole buy four get one free bit... 

I'd love to do dual Star Colonel, but that's definitely not happening. 

• Like 3

1 minute ago, WhiteWulfe said:

Yeah, kind of the same here.  I've already downgraded plans to adding in a Bloodnamed to my Star Colonel, as well as one set of neoprene mats, once they fix the whole buy four get one free bit...

Is that getting changed?

I picked up one of the 4 maps + tundra map + map tube packages. I thought maybe those bundles were how they implemented the free tubes.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, klarg1 said:

Is that getting changed?

I picked up one of the 4 maps + tundra map + map tube packages. I thought maybe those bundles were how they implemented the free tubes.

We were supposed to get a free tube as well as a free fifth mat, not get charged an extra $30 for the Tundra mat. 

• Like 2

Whooo, first order locked in, two orders to go over the coming months, as I'll be adding in a Bloodnamed pledge and a "6 for price of 5" map pack. 

Hopeful I can sneak funds for the four Tukayyid battlemats as well, but we shall see - with rumours we might not see pledge manager open in between waves I'm trying to sort out what I want and have it all paid for in the initial burst. 

• Like 3

I'm so undecided.  Currently at Bloodnamed and could do this.....

Already have the AGoAC box,  so have 2 lances. Select 2 additional lance packs for a total of 4. That will also give me 2 omnis - plus another 3 for the pledge level. That gives me a star. Plus the clan box. And then I could use my last 2 selections for 2 more stars. Balanced groups, but not even close to balanced power. 

So I think I'm going to bump up to Star Colonel, get both Comstar packs, 6 lances and 4 stars.... and maybe just add a couple more.

Edited by Dan d'Lyon
  • Like 4