Jump to content

Catalyst Game Labs: BattleTech Clan Invasion box set


Xiwo Xerase
 Share

Recommended Posts

3 minutes ago, klarg1 said:

My biggest dilemma is around maps:

 

I budgeted for 4-5 of the fancy neoprene maps. Do I pick all different maps, or do I double up on a couple so I can build larger, matching battlefields. (I already have the Grasslands maps)

I decided that paper maps are so much easier to store. 

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Replies 686
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I ended up skipping the optional map addons even though that was something I wanted originally. Still haven't made it back to the printer's to pick up the maps they were doing for me from pdfs off drivethroughrpg. Hope they turned out. 

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

55 minutes ago, klarg1 said:

My biggest dilemma is around maps:

 

I budgeted for 4-5 of the fancy neoprene maps. Do I pick all different maps, or do I double up on a couple so I can build larger, matching battlefields. (I already have the Grasslands maps)

That's been a problem for me too.  Do I try and go for the full "mixed pick", aka one of each, or do I try and go for a few doubles...

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 11/24/2019 at 12:02 PM, Dan d'Lyon said:

I decided that paper maps are so much easier to store. 

 

This is definitely true, but my stack of paper maps is already six inches tall.

 

I have fears about paper map longevity with glossy prints on paper, rather than card stock. Some of my ancient cardboard FASA maps are starting to crumble after 25-30 years, but it was a pretty good run.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 11/26/2019 at 7:32 PM, Dan d'Lyon said:

I meant melee specifically, but no real preference on era or faction.  I'm a Battletech noob, so just trying to gather information.  I'll check out the master unit list too. Thanks! 

Melee mechs.

 

Nightsky

Scarrabus

Vindicator 6L - stealth armour makes a difference

Neanderthal

Jade Hawk -03

Ti Ts'ang

Charger -3Kr

No-Daishi

 

marginal melee mechs

 

Black Knight (clanbuster, Ian or ross variant, depending on era) 4/6 don't cut it past the introtech era - which, fortunately for him, is where the Ian operated. Check out the sword and dragon book, it's one of their best.

Axeman - 4/6/4 is too slow to be a serious melee mech, none with TSM

Berserker - more of a mobile keep-away zone than an actual melee mech, but the hits can be worth lining up

Hachetman - most variants are 4/6/4, and none have TSM.

Banshee 8s

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

15 hours ago, Club said:

Melee mechs.

 

Nightsky

Scarrabus

Vindicator 6L - stealth armour makes a difference

Neanderthal

Jade Hawk -03

Ti Ts'ang

Charger -3Kr

No-Daishi

 

marginal melee mechs

 

Black Knight (clanbuster, Ian or ross variant, depending on era) 4/6 don't cut it past the introtech era - which, fortunately for him, is where the Ian operated. Check out the sword and dragon book, it's one of their best.

Axeman - 4/6/4 is too slow to be a serious melee mech, none with TSM

Berserker - more of a mobile keep-away zone than an actual melee mech, but the hits can be worth lining up

Hachetman - most variants are 4/6/4, and none have TSM.

Banshee 8s


Confession: driving a Banshee-8S makes me giggle like an idiot.

  • Haha 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, Weird-O said:

A proper Banshee is one whose primary weapons are fists and feet. If it takes the easy way out and brings guns to a gunfight, you have to cross out the name and write "Slimfast Atlas", because it's not worthy to be named Banshee. :)


Just about any 4/6 Banshee with working hand actuators can put a smile on my face, but you’re not wrong.

Edited by klarg1
  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...