Sign in to follow this  
haldir

Clockwork mini ideas

So I have plans for a clockwork adventure for my Weds night crew. It's premade adventure but the party will be invading a clockwork tower. The tower is run by clockwork devices & such. While I have ideas & minis for some of them, most are going to be custom creations. The creatures are:

Clockwork Guard

Guards are 7 feet tall and are roughly humanoid in shape, though rather spindly.

Clockwork Machinist

Machinists are about 5 feet high, and consist of a long, brass triple-jointed arm attached to a wheeled base. They can hold various tools in the multi-fingered appendage at the end of their arm.

Clockwork Overseer

The overseer is around 6 feet in diameter. It has a sophisticated sensor array and an advanced clockwork brain.

Clockwork Lifter

Lifters are about 8 feet high when fully extended. They consist of a squat base with 4 thick legs, and single extensible arm with a pair of gripping jaws on the end. 

Clockwork Stoker

Stokers are about 4 feet high, and consist of a large metal scoop mounted on a pair of mechanical legs. 

Clockwork Transport

This centipede-like clockwork device is about 40 feet long and has a flat back for carrying freight

Guard I've already decided to use this Reaper mini:

50063_w_1.jpg (thou I may not as there are quite a few of these in adventure & I only have so many of these)

Lifters. Possibly alligator clips attached to squat base & legs perhaps??

Overseer appears to be a box on a track, so nothing special about him.

The rest are either not human shaped or are just bases with mechanical arms. Any ideas. I should look up watch parts, too bad I don't have my old legs, they use to make a jointed "arm" pieces that would perfect for this!!  hmmm (see already getting ideas!!)

• Like 3

These all sound great! My only input would be to look up watch parts on a certain auction site, but you've already thought about that. Beyond basing, I have no experience using gears to make plausible creatures.

1 hour ago, Mehman said:

These all sound great! My only input would be to look up watch parts on a certain auction site, but you've already thought about that. Beyond basing, I have no experience using gears to make plausible creatures.

I went & ordered a "set" of the parts. Even if they don't look like the descriptions, my players will never know. Just a unique adventure.

• Like 1