Sign in to follow this  
pcktlnt

New Site conversation

I still think the drop down menu is a limiting and limited idea.

I don't search material type, genre, gender, race, OR what they're holding. I search "wizard" "cavalry" "bear cavalry" "elf+fighter" "mythos" and occasionally "dragon". Only one of those is currently supported by the drop down menu.

I intend to wait until a less limiting and limited option for searching becomes available. If that doesn't happen, if I'm expected to get used to the new search paradigm, well...

There are other websites. 

I know I sound harsh and nitpicky. But the ability to FIND THINGS was, for me at least, Reaper's #1 quality. Free stuff is nice, good customer service is good, getting my minis in the month I ordered them is a plus, but those are all secondary to the ability to FIND THINGS. From my perspective, Reaper has taken away the one single solitary thing that kept me ordering from them time and again. I'm going to be bitter, it's unavoidable. But I'm willing to wait for some hint, some sign, that this isn't just another case of a company demanding we dance for their amusement.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2
  • Sad 1

1 minute ago, NebulousMissy said:

I still think the drop down menu is a limiting and limited idea.

I don't search material type, genre, gender, race, OR what they're holding. I search "wizard" "cavalry" "bear cavalry" "elf+fighter" "mythos" and occasionally "dragon". Only one of those is currently supported by the drop down menu.

I intend to wait until a less limiting and limited option for searching becomes available. If that doesn't happen, if I'm expected to get used to the new search paradigm, well...

There are other websites. 

I know I sound harsh and nitpicky. But the ability to FIND THINGS was, for me at least, Reaper's #1 quality. Free stuff is nice, good customer service is good, getting my minis in the month I ordered them is a plus, but those are all secondary to the ability to FIND THINGS. From my perspective, Reaper has taken away the one single solitary thing that kept me ordering from them time and again. I'm going to be bitter, it's unavoidable. But I'm willing to wait for some hint, some sign, that this isn't just another case of a company demanding we dance for their amusement.

The freeform search still works more or less as you like. The figure finder filters on the side work because they're archetypes that people are looking for with most gaming systems. 

Perhaps we'll repeat the typing search down there, too. But the Figure finder works because it's limited and predictable. We may add a more nebulous classification to it in the future, but for now, we just took the options from the original FF and made it accessible on the product page rather than cordoned off in its own little area.

• Like 3

I can verify that the freeform search (for me, located center, top of page) still works; I punched in 'Dragon' and got. .. dragons. And anything with 'dragon' in the name. Including paint. So that's still an option.

I am a little weirded out by the price tags defaulting to GBP; but I figure that'll get fixed sooner or later for those of us who aren't in that part of the world.

• Like 1

Oh, the Taginator’s gone.

I’ll confess, it’s long past the time I was asked to help out on it, but I would still pop in now and then and update new figures or add tags to old ones.

• Like 3

Is the Preview Gallery not back yet or hidden where I can't find it? I've been holding out on my order until the April Dungeon Dwellers hit.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 3

Sad there was no warning, or I'd have written down my pending order.  The site no longer works in IE11, though, which I preferred.  In IE11 you can't add to the cart and the pictures no longer align properly.  Otherwise it looks good.  Guess I'm stuck with Firefox.

• Like 2

New pretty website with a wishlist feature is fine and dandy but why has it been rolled out with so many issues? I would have thought that the EU beta test would have caught these. It kinda reminds me of the Pokemon Go release: great concept, not baked enough to present. 

There are also minor annoyance errors like automatically getting set into British pounds upon logging back in. Or when you go to a new page, and hit something to wishlist, the list gets set to top one instead of what you had been using (what you had been using is how it is for same page). 

• Like 2

So my account was lost which means I lost all 57$ worth of merch I've added...

But also the search function just leads me to the Figure Finder which means I can't even search for the paints I remember having by their names...

• Sad 2

Another minor one, although I think one that existed in the previous Figure Finder:

If you select something down the list early, say "holding a sword" and then go back up and select "fantasy genre", it clears the "holding a sword" and anything below the genre line. You also have an option to select metal or plastic in the finder, but one will be grayed out and unselectable; it forces you to pick from the drop down menu at a top. With this combo, you can't swap back and forth between metal and plastic options, which would be extremely useful. 

Sir Cyr wanted to see gnolls for his D&D world; it is super clunky in the current format, but having the ability to select Race Gnolls, and flop between metal and plastic? That would be darned nice. 

• Like 2

35 minutes ago, BlazingTornado said:

But also the search function just leads me to the Figure Finder which means I can't even search for the paints I remember having by their names...

Email [email protected]  about restoring your account.  

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Inarah said:

Email [email protected]  about restoring your account.  

And when emailing kit keep in mind that he’s in the UK, a large time zone difference for most of us, so be patient.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Sylverthorne said:

I am a little weirded out by the price tags defaulting to GBP; but I figure that'll get fixed sooner or later for those of us who aren't in that part of the world.

Should be fixed now. Sorry about that. We had been beta testing in Europe, and that made more sense. Just forgot to swap it on the changeover.

2 hours ago, BlazingTornado said:

Yep. Email me. I'm in Texas this week for the changeover, but I'm also not sleeping, so...

2 hours ago, Cyradis said:

Sir Cyr wanted to see gnolls for his D&D world; it is super clunky in the current format, but having the ability to select Race Gnolls, and flop between metal and plastic? That would be darned nice. 

Yes, it's a guided search. The way we're hashing it out is faster and makes more sense programmatically from the top down. If I can figure out a quick way to do what you're asking, be sure that I will.

• Like 4
  • Sad 1

The address you had for me hasn't been mine for 3 years, it's deleted, but I don't see a way to change it or add one in now that it's been deleted.

• Like 1

Everything seems to have worked as intended for me. 

The only "issue" I've run into so far is some minis appear to have lost their photo sets and now only have one image.  These also tend to lack artist credit for the lone painted image.

• Like 5

8 hours ago, kit said:

I have your account and credit restored.

I appreciate it, kit. My irritation was nothing against you, but this has become Reaper's MO to make changes that directly affect customers without any prior notification that it's happening and I'm genuinely just really tired of the poor communication. This would have been much smoother on everyone's part, especially for you, if an announcement would have been made on the front page/news section/all of Reaper's social media a few days prior to say that the changeover was happening soon (even if a specific date could not be given for whatever reason) and give customers at least very general expectations and instructions on what to do if something went awry. Instead, as usual, it was just done and an information thread had to be started by a customer.

Things go wrong sometimes and that's perfectly understandable, but this is just another instance in a long and continually growing list where Reaper should have communicated beforehand and didn't and that is very frustrating.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 5