Werkrobotwerk

Getting to Know You July 2019

7 hours ago, Werkrobotwerk said:

July 16. What do you name your ship, and why? Can be any kind of ship, sailing ship, airship, starship, whatever.

The good ship Lollipop. Why? No reason really, was just the first thing that popped to mind. If I had a ship I'd want it to be sleek and fast with a wicked cool name. What I'd most likely actually have is some that makes Serenity look modern and reliable.

4 hours ago, paintybeard said:
4 hours ago, redambrosia said:

I can't name my ship until I meet it properly. For one thing, I have to determine if the ship is a boy, girl, or neither. Then I need to get the feel of the ship, if it needs a fancy name or a simple name. 

For example, Hubby and I determined that our Kia Soul is a girl and needed a fairly fancy name. So we named her Penelope. 

I absolutely promise you red, ALL Ships are female. 

As are most machines. They all have temperaments that correspond closer to female personalities. We can love them and care for them but need to be very careful or they go cranky on us. Often without us ever understanding why. 

• Like 10
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

54 minutes ago, Zink said:

As are most machines. They all have temperaments that correspond closer to female personalities. We can love them and care for them but need to be very careful or they go cranky on us. Often without us ever understanding why. 

Old'un, but good'un:

“A ship is called a she because there is always a great deal of bustle around her; there is usually a gang of men about; she has a waist and stays; it takes a lot of paint to keep her good-looking; it is not the initial expense that breaks you, it is the upkeep; she can be all decked out; it takes an experienced man to handle her correctly; and without a man at the helm, she is absolutely uncontrollable. She shows her topsides, hiders her bottom and, when coming into port, always heads for the buoys.”

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 12

3 hours ago, Zink said:

The good ship Lollipop. Why? No reason really, was just the first thing that popped to mind. If I had a ship I'd want it to be sleek and fast with a wicked cool name. What I'd most likely actually have is some that makes Serenity look modern and reliable.

"Behind every angry woman is a man with no idea of what he did wrong!"

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 5

44 minutes ago, Corsair said:

"Behind every angry woman is a man with no idea of what he did wrong!"

Long name for a ship. ::P:

• Like 4
  • Haha 9

1 hour ago, Werkrobotwerk said:

Long name for a ship. ::P:

Who else remembers the "InterStella" from Star Trek TOS?

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

On 7/14/2019 at 9:17 AM, Werkrobotwerk said:

July 14. Do you play any games with your minis? If so, what games?

I would like to, but don't currently have a gaming group/people who are interested.

On 7/15/2019 at 7:38 AM, Werkrobotwerk said:

July 15. Halfway through the month, how has July gone for you so far? Any big plans for the second half of the month?

Quickly.

Painting my Reapercon entries.

14 hours ago, Werkrobotwerk said:

July 16. What do you name your ship, and why? Can be any kind of ship, sailing ship, airship, starship, whatever.

Well, I've served onboard 5 of them in the Navy:

USS Belknap

USS Scott

USS Lasalle

USS Arleigh Burke

USS Cole

So, I guess I'd follow the naming convention that I'm used to and name it after somebody. Not sure who, though.

Or I'd go with Drunken Shenanigans.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 6

On 7/15/2019 at 6:38 AM, Werkrobotwerk said:

July 15. Halfway through the month, how has July gone for you so far?

<_<

Any big plans for the second half of the month?

Find out if my wrist is broken....  :unsure:

16 hours ago, Werkrobotwerk said:

July 16. What do you name your ship, and why?

Rainstar

It took all day to remember that. The Why is unrecoverable. 

Can be any kind of ship, sailing ship, airship, starship, whatever.

It was a spaceship.

...in a drawing. 

Edited by TGP
  • Like 8
  • Thanks 1

On 7/15/2019 at 7:38 AM, Werkrobotwerk said:

July 15. Halfway through the month, how has July gone for you so far? Any big plans for the second half of the month?

Well, work's been annoying, I came down with someone else's con crud, but I did paint some.

I started off the second half of the month by getting another round of sinus drainage (my wife got a fever but I didn't).  Work looks like it will still be annoying.  Maybe I'll paint more.

17 hours ago, Werkrobotwerk said:

Gossamer Butterfly.

The original Gossamer Butterfly was the personal starship (really, just a shuttle with a jump drive) of a character in a story I was writing.  I may never finish that story.

• Like 9
  • Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, Werkrobotwerk said:

July 17. If you had to trade bodies with something nonhuman what would you choose?

A few creatures come to mind, but screw it, I'm going with fox... Either swift, red, or fennec.  Or marble. Marble foxes are bloody cute, and since they're a domesticated breed only..... 

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

24 minutes ago, Werkrobotwerk said:

July 17. If you had to trade bodies with something nonhuman what would you choose?

Any bird. Preferably a raptor, American Swallow-tailed Kite would be perfect. To have the freedom of the skies must be just wonderful. And not needing to wear glasses in order to see well would be very nice too.

• Like 10
  • Thanks 2

42 minutes ago, Werkrobotwerk said:

A giant squid.

Since it's a trade, the mind of the squid will be far too confused as to what happened, and even if it leaves the tub, I don't have to worry much about it figuring out the door locks and getting me into trouble as other creatures might.

Meanwhile disney's big red boat is about to have an interesting day....

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 5

1 hour ago, Werkrobotwerk said:

Gold dragon. Flight, magic use, shapeshifting, nearly impossible to kill.

• Like 9
  • Thanks 1

26 minutes ago, Lord of the Dish Pit said:

A giant squid.

Since it's a trade, the mind of the squid will be far too confused as to what happened, and even if it leaves the tub, I don't have to worry much about it figuring out the door locks and getting me into trouble as other creatures might.

Meanwhile disney's big red boat is about to have an interesting day....

I dunno about squid intelligence, but Octopuses have shown incredible problem solving skills, including the ability to open a pickle jar to get at food inside.....

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

Just now, Cygnwulf said:

I dunno about squid intelligence, but Octopuses have shown incredible problem solving skills, including the ability to open a pickle jar to get at food inside.....

and then wear the jar as a hat

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 5