Werkrobotwerk

Getting to Know You July 2019

1 hour ago, Werkrobotwerk said:

July 17. If you had to trade bodies with something nonhuman what would you choose?

Gotta go with a bird of some kind.  Probably bird of prey, something like a peregrine falcon maybe.  Flying and speed all in one tiny compact package :)

• Like 8
  • Thanks 2

July 17. If you had to trade bodies with something nonhuman what would you choose?

A black hole at the center of a galaxy. I will consume all!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 9

I'm gonna be a dragon too, but a silver one. My hubby would be so excited.

11 minutes ago, Werkrobotwerk said:

and then wear the jar as a hat

Wearing a jar as a hat seems reasonable to me.

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, CashWiley said:

A black hole at the center of a galaxy. I will consume all!

Weren't you just saying something about not eating all the salt and sugar? Because this would mean eating all the salt and sugar.

^_^

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 9

Real world?

For a day? Something aquatic, and reasonably top-of-the-food chain. Life is harsh, but it would be cool to breathe underwater. Maybe a Manta Ray? The way they fly through the water (and sometimes air) looks fun.

For the rest of my life? Possibly a long-lived, speech-capable bird, like a parrot. Longevity, ability to fly, and still able to communicate? I could live with that.

Fictional/Fantasy?

Probably an elf, for reasons similar to those stated above.

Dragons are also tempting, but carry some pretty significant draw backs due to inconvenient size, and potentially extreme dietary requirements.

Fictional/Sci-Fi?

I think shape-changing blob alien. I don't need to be able to disguise myself as another person, but getting to reshape, and customize limbs might be really cool.

There are also a lot of "elf"-equivalents in this category, but if I have access to Star Trek level medicine, I feel like I want to play with more options.

Edited by klarg1
  • Like 8
  • Thanks 1

Real world. Capybara. 

Fantasy world copper dragon

SciFi android

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

Real world? 

For a day I would want to be a Raptor. Flight, reasonable primacy. A red tail hawk or a owl would be fun. 

Permanent I would want to be a house or a barn cat.

Fictional

Elf or Halfling

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, klarg1 said:

Dragons are also tempting, but carry some pretty significant draw backs due to inconvenient size, and potentially extreme dietary requirements.

Oh come on. Anyone who's worked customer service would be totally fine with eating people :devil: :lol:

Edited by redambrosia
Words in wrong places
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 9

2 hours ago, Werkrobotwerk said:

Several answers:

• Sloth: hang around all day, seemingly getting nothing done. A natural fit for a procrastinator.
  • Parrot: talks and/or mimics sounds very well, colourful, capable of flight, tool user, good vision. For the artist within me.
  • Octopus: very smart, multiple arms, natural camouflage. For the intellectual fidgety introvert.

Non-living:

• A Google server. "I will know EVERYTHING!" Which is both good and bad. I may become a insufferable broccoli because of it.
  • Like 7
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 4

4 hours ago, Werkrobotwerk said:

An Android...a skinny android...

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 5

4 hours ago, Werkrobotwerk said:

As long as we are making stuff up...

A Gold Griffin. Same powers as a gold dragon, less food needed, but flying, shapeshifting, long-lived, magical...this way I might live long enough to paint most of my Miniatures. 

If it’s gotta be something that is real, and is not extinct, a Red Panda. Everyone likes red pandas. 

• Like 12
  • Thanks 1

So no change from last month then Pezler?

• Haha 6

3 hours ago, Cranky Dog said:

Non-living:

• A Google server. "I will know EVERYTHING!" Which is both good and bad. I may become a insufferable broccoli because of it.

https://xkcd.com/869/

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 5