Werkrobotwerk

Getting to Know You July 2019

4 hours ago, Werkrobotwerk said:

July 18. Is there something you want a mini of that you just can't find? If so what is it?

At the moment, no.

In the past, I wanted a rhinoceros mini to use as a mount for a D&D character. (ideally barded, but I was flexible on that point.) There are a few out there, including Reaper's woolly rhino, but none seemed to be quite scaled right for my purpose. (Arena Rex has a beautiful one, but it's gigantic.)

I still think a Centaur wearing full plate on its human torso, and at least part of its forequarters would be really cool, but it's not much of a priority for me. Some appropriate barding for the rest of the horse parts would go well.

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, klarg1 said:

I still think a Centaur wearing full plate on its human torso, and at least part of its forequarters would be really cool, but it's not much of a priority for me.

Ironwind Metals (ex. Ral Partha) Armored Centaur, DF-727. It's 25mm scale, of course.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

53 minutes ago, Werkrobotwerk said:

Like flack jackets and kilts? Because if so I think Victoria minis makes a line of them

I've got a few of those, but I was hoping for something without the 40K influence and with genuine modern weapons and kit.

• Like 6

5 hours ago, Werkrobotwerk said:

July 18. Is there something you want a mini of that you just can't find? If so what is it?

Not really anymore, since I'm on hiatus for the hobby, but...

I was looking forever to find a decent realistic set of deer for a hunting scene. The stuff I was finding was either way out of scale (fantasy stuff) or the sculpts were off. Just a nice couple of does with heads down and a buck looking up.

• Like 9
  • Thanks 1

On 7/15/2019 at 12:38 PM, Werkrobotwerk said:

July 15. Halfway through the month, how has July gone for you so far? Any big plans for the second half of the month?

The first half of July was a mixed bag. We managed to visit a few nature reserves, go to a safari park and spend a night camping on an uninhabited island in the middle of a loch. We also went to one of those Japanese restaurants that have the little conveyor belts carrying the little sushi plates. It was awesome ::D:

Unfortunately I've had a lot of family drama to deal with, as well as getting a mystery massive bright red rash that took ages to disappear. I still don't know what caused it, which is a bit worrying.  

The second half of July is probably going to be a lot quieter, although it's possibly going to involve squirrel proofing our bird feeders. One enterprising individual has figured out how to open the mesh nut feeder and is happily munching his way through everything. 

I should also try and paint more, but my motivation is at an all time low after dealing with my idiot family. Some people can only feel good by making others feel lousy, I guess :down:

On 7/16/2019 at 10:23 AM, Werkrobotwerk said:

July 16. What do you name your ship, and why? Can be any kind of ship, sailing ship, airship, starship, whatever.

Probably The Allicorn Star. It's the name of a tavern/pub in almost every game world that I GM.

On 7/17/2019 at 12:52 PM, Werkrobotwerk said:

July 17. If you had to trade bodies with something nonhuman what would you choose?

I'm torn between a falcon(to be able to fly) or a tiger shark. Or an actual tiger. But then again, an orca would be amazing.

Hold on, aren't Silver Dragons natural shapechangers? 

Yeah, probably a Silver Dragon ::P:

On 7/17/2019 at 2:10 PM, Cygnwulf said:

I dunno about squid intelligence, but Octopuses have shown incredible problem solving skills, including the ability to open a pickle jar to get at food inside.....

My favourite is the Octopus that carries the two halves of a coconut shell, so it can hide inside it when danger threatens ^_^

7 hours ago, Werkrobotwerk said:

I'd love a large oriental dragon that didn't cost the earth. I've seen some in kickstarters, but they're always really expensive.

Edited by Kuroneko
  • Like 10
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, paintybeard said:

Ultra-modern soldiers in Highland dress. Maybe some civilians too.

Would these be any good?

image.thumb.png.c7a275ab5e47d295e41d1a8902757e02.png

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

7 hours ago, Werkrobotwerk said:

Tiktaalik.

I only know of one museum kit which is expensive, would love a 28mm compatible version.

image.png.334f77594eb357f18b5c9dae6a830199.png

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Glitterwolf said:

Tiktaalik.

I only know of one museum kit which is expensive, would love a 28mm compatible version.

image.png.334f77594eb357f18b5c9dae6a830199.png

does it have only one eye or just a funny angle? 

• Like 4

16 minutes ago, Kuroneko said:

Would these be any good?

image.thumb.png.c7a275ab5e47d295e41d1a8902757e02.png

Thanks, I've done a few of those:

837883892_InfinitySFscots.thumb.jpg.9e5903fc14ddd31a9cd3a3cff1ec9ccf.jpg

But I find Infinity figures terribly fiddly and often break them when basing them.

• Like 6

9 minutes ago, Werkrobotwerk said:

does it have only one eye or just a funny angle? 

It had two eyes.

It was one of the links between fish and land animals.

375 million years ago.

image.png.a7ca40e07d655c6b167c44f7944bf7ca.png

• Like 9

8 hours ago, Werkrobotwerk said:

A decent beholder wouldn't go amiss.

Some male lamia would be useful, but I can probably make my own. 

Really, I don't ask for much... 

• Like 7
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, Sylverthorne said:

Do you not like the wiz kids beholder?

• Like 5

On 7/17/2019 at 6:52 AM, Werkrobotwerk said:

July 17. If you had to trade bodies with something nonhuman what would you choose?

Considering how poorly most all of my decisions have turned out, I think I will let whoever chose my present form to pick a new one.

9 hours ago, Werkrobotwerk said:

I would rather be surprised.

Edited by malefactus
  • Like 7
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Crowley said:
3 hours ago, Sylverthorne said:

Do you not like the wiz kids beholder?

I might, if I could get my hands on one for less than $30 ... 

• Like 8

1 hour ago, Sylverthorne said:

I might, if I could get my hands on one for less than $30 ... 

I Feel your pain; I still haven't been able to snag one either.

• Like 6