Werkrobotwerk

Getting to Know You July 2019

1 hour ago, Doug Sundseth said:

bluemustang

denver_broncos.png

In about 8000 years they’re gonna dig up the crumpled remains of Blucifer plus assorted articles with ^ that etched on them. This will result in a small Army of newly minted PhDs who will forge careers debating the profound religious significance of the “Bronc Cult of Ancient Deeen-Varrre”.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 8

10 hours ago, TGP said:

Dyno_drumheller.jpg

SUVs for scale...

Been there done that.:;):

I miiight be going back there in a week or two, depending on what everyone’s plans are, when I go back to Alberta to visit family.

Edited by Darsc Zacal
  • Like 7
  • Thanks 1

This one.

3C5A031B-25FC-4386-B6C0-6838ADC2BBE0.jpeg.7c047cec0b0f467add7c98b6109f22e8.jpeg

For a large number of personal reasons, but also because I don’t know of many statues that are of a fairly ordinary nice bloke. He was known as Possum because he had a tendency to sleep in trees.

• Like 9
  • Thanks 1

July 22. What's the longest delay you've had for a kickstarter or preorder that did eventually arrive?

Just counting the unplanned time, so if you preordered in 1981 for something meant to ship in 1990, that arrived in 1992 it would only be 2 years.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Werkrobotwerk said:

July 22. What's the longest delay you've had for a kickstarter or preorder that did eventually arrive?

I can't recall for sure, because it was years ago, but it might have been close to 6-8 months? It was Red Box Games' first kickstarter, anyone who backed it knows of the issues it had. Tre made good on his word to fulfill though, and learned a lot from that experience. Trial by fire for him, truly, but he's been successful with subsequent kickstarters.

I've been fairly lucky in that I always backed kickstarters that delivered something to me, even if not all of what was promised. I'm one of the lucky ones from the Drake wargame fiasco who received something before that blew up. Rather upset that project died the way it did, they had some really cool designs.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

Just counting the unplanned time, so if you preordered in 1981 for something meant to ship in 1990, that arrived in 1992 it would only be 2 years.

That's an easy one for moi. I never backed a Kick Started for a variety of reasons. The major reason being that a sudden influx of a large number of minis was something I really don't need.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

Not sure.

If you mean until I received something, there's too many that have been a year or so late to pinpoint which one was the latest.

But it you mean until I received everything, I think it's a tie between Kingdom Death: Monster and Shadows of Brimstone, although Kingdom Death: Monster 1.5 is on target to beat them both.

Saying that though, the Imbrian Arts Kickstarter technically hasn't been cancelled yet, that's 6 or 7 years late at this point.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

Well, I'm still waiting* for the rest of my stuff from Imbrian Arts, but the first batch of things I did receive were five years late (original delivery set for early 2013, actual partial delivery early 2018). 

Fractured Dimensions took an extra two years to deliver in full.

*"Waiting," as in, "Jody is still more or less in business as Imbrian Arts, and he is still saying the stuff from the original campaign will get made, so eventually I'll get it, probably. Maybe. We'll see."

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

At this point, I'd love to see my Low Life and Imbrian stuff, but I'm not holding my breath.

Oddly some of the greatest concepts and sculpts got combined with horrible business. In my journey into traditional art, I've found this to be so common that I'm actually surprised as many mini KSs went off as well as they have.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Werkrobotwerk said:

Over 6 years from Imbrian Arts.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Werkrobotwerk said:

About a year, give or take some months.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Werkrobotwerk said:

Husband had to look this up. For an initial pledge it was Shadows of Brimstone, launched/funded Nov. 2013,  which was supposed to show up Aug. 2014 and we didn't get every thing until Jul. 27th 2017. This came in waves though so it wasn't just a 3 year wait for anything at all.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Werkrobotwerk said:

I'm not 100% certain, but probably something by Mierce. They tend to run 2+ years behind on fulfillment, depending on what you order, and how it gets scheduled.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, Werkrobotwerk said:

A couple of years for the Infinity RPG kickstarter. Did the all-in PDF pledge and have gotten those as they have been released but it was the add-ons that held everything up. Most were miniatures and dice which were wave 1 but I had one wave 2 item and did not elect to pay to have it shipped separately. So I got to see the minis and dice go to retail all while waiting for the one item. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Catching up here...

Did what to the moon: Nothing, and you can't prove otherwise. 

Favorite statue or fountain: I don't really have any favorite artwork as my tastes change and expand over time. But there is a fountain with a statue in a shady little spot near my office that my wife and I like to take our lunches under. It's called The Naiads and I'm not going to add a picture because skin. But here's a link for the curious:

https://www.columbusmakesart.com/place/7751-naiads

Largest delay for a delivered kickstarter: Probably Cthulhu Wars 2. I just went in for the base game and the stretch goals. The base game was supposed to ship immediately but took several months. And I'm not even sure how long the stretch goals took, but I forgot they were coming until I received the shipping notification. Still better than the undelivered and now infamous "Pencil Dice" kickstarter by a notorious con man. I was still relatively new to KS and didn't think to look at the history of project developers. If I had I would have known the guy running it had a history of fraud in the industry. As it is, I've been waiting 4 years and 4 months for some pencils. 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1