Werkrobotwerk

Getting to Know You July 2019

7 hours ago, Werkrobotwerk said:

July 22. What's the longest delay you've had for a kickstarter or preorder that did eventually arrive?

Just counting the unplanned time, so if you preordered in 1981 for something meant to ship in 1990, that arrived in 1992 it would only be 2 years.

I think about 2 years.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

13 hours ago, Werkrobotwerk said:

July 22. What's the longest delay you've had for a kickstarter or preorder that did eventually arrive?

I've had pretty good luck, but then I'm quite paranoid when it comes to choosing which Kickstarters to back. The longest I've had to wait was 9 extra months for Bones 3, due to the kerfuffling that happened for it. I wasn't worried because Reaper will always deliver, but there were some pretty salty people out there.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

13 hours ago, Werkrobotwerk said:

Sovereign Stone: Pathfinder Edition

Expected December 2013

Core book turned up early last year. I got the package and was like WTF is this?!? Oh Yeah.

So 5 years?

Although I’m not sure if it counts because they did an update the other day, I might be getting another book. I think I have 1/3.

uh so 6 years and counting?

Edited by Sibling
Updated
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 1

I waited about an extra 8 months for the Hasslefree "Matt Dixon" kickstarter figures, and I seem to have got off lightly there.

Still waiting for Saga Dungeon tiles, which must be a good year overdue now. They bit off WAY more than they could chew...

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

I'm still waiting for a centaur from Wolfthorne Miniatures. It is many many months behind schedule, which is frustrating for a pretty small Kickstarter. I only went in for $15 though, so not much lost if they flub it. They had a long silence, but they've had some emails with progress reports in the last few weeks, so that's encouraging.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

21 hours ago, Werkrobotwerk said:

Just counting the unplanned time, so if you preordered in 1981 for something meant to ship in 1990, that arrived in 1992 it would only be 2 years.

A reprinting of Alphonse Mucha's Le Pater, by Century Guild. It was supposed to be shipped in January 2017. I got it yesterday. 

And, OMG! It was SO worth the wait! The booking is easily the most beautiful book I own. Gold embossing, leather bound cover, thick, smooth pages, gorgeous illustrations, and crisp, clear typography. Hubby enjoyed watching me fan-girl over it :lol: 

Of things that are delayed and I haven't gotten yet... Super Dungeon Explore: Legends was supposed to ship in December 2016. I might get it eventually ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, Cyradis said:

I'm still waiting for a centaur from Wolfthorne Miniatures. It is many many months behind schedule, which is frustrating for a pretty small Kickstarter. I only went in for $15 though, so not much lost if they flub it. They had a long silence, but they've had some emails with progress reports in the last few weeks, so that's encouraging.

I'm waiting for that one too. Yet another case of a one-person project where that individual has had big health/family problems, I think. The "greens" look excellent, so I'm optimistic that something will turn up eventually.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

23 hours ago, Werkrobotwerk said:

I have no idea. I don’t track things like that closely enough to know. 

#kingofpatience

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

4 minutes ago, TGP said:

I have no idea. I don’t track things like that closely enough to know. 

#kingofpatience

Also, if you forget about it, it's like you bought future you a present when it arrives. 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 7

I've never backed any particular amount of Kickstarters. Longest delay would be whatever it was for one of the first three Bones or one of the Red Box games KS. I don't think the delay was particularly terrible for any of them. 

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Werkrobotwerk said:

July 23. Have any experience with horses?

When I was really young, parents took me to Jasper, and we just happened to stop by one place that does tours on horse along various paths...  Turns out I was given "the jerk that didn't listen all that well" and he decided that when I tried to coax him to go a tad faster (so we could catch up with the main group) that I really mean break out into just shy of a full gallop... 

I stayed on, but it took our guide a little bit to reign him back into behaving, but she was also expecting some sort of shenanigans from him, since he'd been "well behaved" for the first half, and he wasn't known for such.  Apparently my reaction of staying on, and trying to coax him into slowing down without getting any rougher was the correct one, or so I recall being told...

My only thought on the matter was "who gives an eight year old kid who's on his first ride the headstrong mischevious horse that likes to occasionally mess around with people?" 

Don't get me wrong, I do like horses (even if I haven't ridden on one since, due to no opportunities having come up), just a case of yup, first one I get to ride on likes to stir the pot and see if he can break out all the horses into a gallop... 

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, Werkrobotwerk said:

"I know three things about the Horse,

But one of those is rather coarse."                               Hilaire Belloc

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

38 minutes ago, Werkrobotwerk said:

Some. I took riding lessons when younger and my uncle was a large-animal vet who owned horses up until he died. And my wife owned a horse when we first got together.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

the longest wait for a kickstater

2 years on a 6 month project - Barbaric Splendor. ordered 3 barbarians, painted 1 so far. 

I am also in on Kingdom Death 1.5 and I have received waves 1 & 2.  Still waiting on 3 & 4  originally slated for spring 2018 & 2019 

- with a warning in the campaign that some things would likely get pushed to 2020. Somekind of update is promised for gencon

Have any experience with horses? 

My family bought a farm when I was in Jr High.  They mostly raise sheep and Aussies, but there have always been 1d4 horses living there as well. 

I can ride, and did some saddling, stall mucking and grooming but I avoided farmlife when possible.  It has probably been 20 years since I have done anything but feed one.

Currently, they are down to 1 horse, and it is not trained for riding. 

I have only fallen off once.  and I was way more mad than hurt, especially after trying to catch the skittish horse with an injured ankle. Apparently, corn is scary but not as scary as an ex-rider yelling and swearing then trying to get back on. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1