Getting to Know You July 2019

• Replies 902
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

4 hours ago, Werkrobotwerk said:

July 26. Do you have a cat? have you ever painted a mini to look like your cat?

I have never not had a cat. Ever. I currently have 3 horrible ones whom I love dearly (pictured below). A while back my wife bought me the Edna Crazy Cat Lady miniature and I am intending to paint her cats as some of my cats, both past and present. Haven't made much progress yet except for the base. The base is a very thin piece of carpet from an old rug shaped coaster. I cut it to fit the base she came with and then left it in a box to get covered with cat hair. Someday I'll get around to finishing her. Here's my current assortment. 

20190726_134604.jpg.64c57ee8b1372995ef8eaeec90959348.jpg

4 hours ago, Doug Sundseth said:

No. My wife had a cat when we got married, but because both my son and I are allergic, we didn't replace the cat (Chessie, because she looked like the the mascot of the C&O) when she died.

As a kid I had a cat with the same name for the exact same reason.

• Like 14
  • Thanks 1

We rescued these adorable siblings 5 years ago when I was going through a particularly rough spot.

Kai is our high energy guard cat and Seyda is my little snugglebug. They're good kids!

I have Andy's sculpted cats that I'd love to paint like them. :wub:

1368641829_2014babies.thumb.jpg.d61c2c313911ebea89523a078e0c59cc.jpg

It's only kind of related, but this photo made me laugh so much. I found it when I was looking for a kitten photo.

Pets are super great at running the household with their cuteness and bad habits that reach entirely new levels when they get older. :lol:

kitten age: "Aww she's SO CUTE SLEEPING WITH ME I'M IN LOVE"
big fat adult age: "H E L P... meeeeeee"

rip.thumb.jpg.3dcdfb69c04f81c362592bf9cb0d7e65.jpg

(I love all the fuzzy and scaly and feathery animals and I want them all, but yeah. Apartments aren't great for that.)

Hugs to everyone and their past and present furbabies. <3

Edited by Morihalda
  • Like 10
  • Thanks 3
  • Haha 6

8 hours ago, TGP said:
9 hours ago, Werkrobotwerk said:

July 26. Do you have a cat?

I do not. 

...have you ever painted a mini to look like your cat?

I don’t even have a suitable miniature to make the attempt with (if I had a cat).

I must revise and extend my answer: it occurs to me that I have more than one Griffon model, the Griffin is half Cat, and I could paint the cat-portions to resemble an actual cat. 

If if only I had ever owned a cat.  <_<

I have been acquainted with some cats (owned by family members) but that was about it. 

• Like 11
  • Thanks 1

9 hours ago, Werkrobotwerk said:

I currently live with three.

I have not painted any of them, nor any of their sadly departed predecessors.

• Like 9
  • Thanks 1

On 7/25/2019 at 12:56 PM, Werkrobotwerk said:

June 25. What things are you looking forward to this fall?

Really looking forward to all the migratory birds that'll be arriving at our local nature reserves. You never know what can turn up in the autumn storms.

12 hours ago, Werkrobotwerk said:

I've never been without a cat. I once considered getting a paw print tattoo on my back for every kitteh that's passed on, but a friend pointed out that she didn't think my back was that long ::D:

This is Kurogane, the ultimate box kitty. A true believer in "If I fits, I sits"

DSCN9547.thumb.JPG.84d39cd23b6a3507a0cf0d4df33c5046.JPG

His brother Loki, who talks constantly and is always getting into trouble. Skills include giving hi-fives, balancing on his hind legs to get attention and giving nose boops on commandDSCN1192.thumb.JPG.6705db84a5d65350164013382291e81d.JPG

Finally, Diva. Her previous owner died and it took her a long time to adjust, but she's an amazing little lapcat now.

DSCN1008.thumb.JPG.68258f309a111a878bc82f0d4e8b1b5f.JPG

I've been collecting the metal catfolk from the web store and hope to paint them soon. Been toying about using my sadly missed previous feline overlords as inspiration for them....

Edited by Kuroneko
  • Like 15
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, Werkrobotwerk said:

July 27. Describe your favorite TV show that does not exist. 

People in sparkly clothes show up at my door. They hand me one of those big arse checks for a just, stupid big amount of money. They record my reaction (disbelief, confirmation, shock, giddiness). Then they leave me to spend my new won riches on as many minis as I've ever desired.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 5

1 hour ago, Werkrobotwerk said:

A Star Trek prequel that does *not* try to reinvent Klingons or make the technology feel far far more advanced than the original series. BTW, I *did* enjoy most of ST Discovery.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Werkrobotwerk said:

An adaptation of the original Dragonlance Chronicles (either live-action or animated, I don't care). Just as long as it's better than the horrid animated movie of Dragons of Autumn Twilight they released in 2008. I'd prefer live-action, it'd definitely be an HBO or Starz series.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

Any of the great classic novels presented without changes to the story, dialogue, characters, or location. No gender swapping, no zombies, no re-imagined endings, no left out crucial elements.  Sorry Hollywood, but there are reasons these stories survived hundreds or thousands of years and your remake flopped. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 5

This one's easy:

SHE-HULK!

Half the time, this is a courtroom comedy, showcasing the Emerald Esquire's precedential proficiency in the face of super-related civil suits. The other half of the show is team-up-of-the-week fare as Shulkie takes on criminality at the source!

Fourth-wall breaking madness ensues. Guest appearances from Squirrel Girl, Ms. Marvel, Speedball, Hercules, Araña, and any other unsung heroes of the Marvel non-Cinematic universe you want to throw in. Villains to include The Wrecking Crew and Trapster. Obviously, Daredevil makes regular appearances.

I'm sure that any number of WWE superstars would love the title role, but I'd give it to Gwendoline Christie, because she's amazing and deserves a shot at one of the finest, funniest women in comic books, and also she's 6foot2.

Who will sign my online petition?

Edited by Sanael
"Common" is not the same word as "comic"
  • Like 11
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 2