• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Thoramel
      Had an idea about having some sort of drow captain with a trained giant spider as a bodyguard for an upcoming session. I already had Reaper's Dark Elf Elite and the wizkids spider and I figured they would work well together. I ended up really liking the combination, may have to get a few more of those spiders.

• By Gareth_Hriedmar
      This is one of the giants that I've painted that I'm the most proud of!

• By TPSminis
      This is my first post here on the forums, but I've been a fan of Reaper for a while now.  I've also been painting a while, but only got serious about learning in the last couple years.  I've been working at tabletop ready level until I set my sights on these two frost giants.  The detail is amazing in these models, so I felt like I had to throw myself into it and produce the best paint job I could.  These are the very first pieces I've ever felt were worth considering entering into a competition of any sort.  They are currently my best work, and yet I know that I have a long way to go with much to learn.  Together they took 5 days to complete, working about 6-8 hours each day while I recover from shoulder surgery.

Some quick notes:
      1. The bases are what came with the minis, please disregard them, I plan on following up in this post with custom bases for each of them.
      2. The Winter Wolf that belongs to the one with the spear is not done yet.  He'll be forthcoming in time.
      3. Yes, I modded the spear.  I cut off the head and used a spare brush protector tube to connect it to a wood dowel.  I used a stain marker on the wood dowel and painted the spear head and tube.  This meant that I had to drill out her hand.  It was a bit dicey, but it turned out well, I think.

Thanks,

TPSminis

• By lexomatic
      I decided to do the shark too. I'll post to where I've completed but still lots to do. So much that I've given up on my whale shark plans.
      This is photographing way better than it looks in person.

Then I did turquoise ink on the clear plastic and ashen blue and vgc glacier blue and turquoise ink wash on shark.

Then I started working in rubber /highlight and teal ink and spectral glow for the whale shark markings.

Now I've added a bit more rubber on the top

• By lexomatic
      This wip is far along. I had to rewash laundry late (and stay up late enough to put stuff in the drier).
      Started with a coat of Corporea black, then pure black on the barrel, and wood got mahogany. I debated painting stuff like the stuff at the military college (chassis painted grey) but I felt it would be boring. So I'm painting it in other boring colors. I haven't painted wheels yet. These would be better bought prepainted, because they're pretty inaccessible.

• Who's Online   33 Members, 4 Anonymous, 182 Guests (See full list)