Sign in to follow this  
72moonglum

A Ral Partha Giant Rat from Julie Guthrie

Well done on such a tiny critter!

I for one would like more "normal"sized rats, I have enough Dire Rats and such, so more like these would be nice.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, mustardgreens said:

what a cutie!

Yeah, as far as rats go, he's pretty adorable!

9 hours ago, Glitterwolf said:

Well done on such a tiny critter!

I for one would like more "normal"sized rats, I have enough Dire Rats and such, so more like these would be nice.

This is a good one then for you, because he really is pretty tiny.   You could buy a whole bunch of these for a rat swarm, but he's not a dire rat or a were-rat or anything, just kind of a large, small rat.

• Thanks 1

20 hours ago, 72moonglum said:

...You could buy a whole bunch of these for a rat swarm, but he's not a dire rat or a were-rat or anything, just kind of a large, small rat.

That’s what I did.  Here they are in groups of 4 or 5 (2 of each) on a 30mm(?) base, surrounding two Iron Wind/Ral Partha single piece rat swarms.  As six bases, it’s intended as a beast unit for Dragon Rampant.

98522C47-2EDF-4A2E-8EA8-4CD656548E4D.thumb.jpeg.c92dd032945abf7c518be46fe444cd90.jpeg

Edited by Rob Dean
  • Like 5

36 minutes ago, Rob Dean said:

That’s what I did.  Here they are in groups of 4 or 5 (2 of each) on a 30mm(?) base, surrounding two Iron Wind/Ral Partha single piece rat swarms.  As six bases, it’s intended as a beast unit for Dragon Rampant.

98522C47-2EDF-4A2E-8EA8-4CD656548E4D.thumb.jpeg.c92dd032945abf7c518be46fe444cd90.jpeg

And you painted them tons of different colors! Very cool Rob! Nice swarms!

Nice work again, Moonglum! 

I have a few few of these, and as you said, they are TINY. It's hard for people today to understand, but if one thinks of how small 25 mm figs from the 70s were, and then considers the appropriate size for a small dog or cat - that's how big these are.

Superb job!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Madog Barfog said:

Nice work again, Moonglum! 

I have a few few of these, and as you said, they are TINY. It's hard for people today to understand, but if one thinks of how small 25 mm figs from the 70s were, and then considers the appropriate size for a small dog or cat - that's how big these are.

Superb job!

Yeah, this one is very small. I have to do some photographing some other minis today or tomorrow. If I remember I’ll take a comparison shot of this one with my trusty quarter.

• Like 1