Sign in to follow this  
72moonglum

A hunting cat and a Therapsid Carnivore, both from Ral Partha

Very good!

The Hunting Cat ( bottom one) reminds me more of a Hyenadon or something like that.

• Like 2

Nice work. I had no idea Ral Partha made therapsids.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Glitterwolf said:

Very good!

The Hunting Cat ( bottom one) reminds me more of a Hyenadon or something like that.

The bottom one is the therapsid, which I really have no idea what that means. I’m going to have to do a little bit of prehistoric investigation. Thank Odin for the Internet!

4 hours ago, Dr.Bedlam said:

Nice work. I had no idea Ral Partha made therapsids.

They have this small one and a much larger one, both sculpted for the “Children of the Night” range.  The big one has two versions, a solo version and another one with a handler.  Check out Children of the Night in the Lost Mini Wiki and you’ll see them!

6 hours ago, Rigel said:

I'm always a fan of anything gorgonopsid! Nice.

Mix gorgonopsids and Partha and it’s a definite love fest!

• Like 1

On 7/6/2019 at 7:23 PM, 72moonglum said:

The bottom one is the therapsid, which I really have no idea what that means. I’m going to have to do a little bit of prehistoric investigation. Thank Odin for the Internet!

Proto-mammals! Therapsids were a group of synapsids that were outcompeted by the early dinosaurs, leaving only the smaller, nocturnal specimens alive. These evolved into mammals, and thence us.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, JackMann said:

Proto-mammals! Therapsids were a group of synapsids that were outcompeted by the early dinosaurs, leaving only the smaller, nocturnal specimens alive. These evolved into mammals, and thence us.

Thank you JackMann and thank you Therapsids!

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By 72moonglum
      Hello everybody,
      here's one I just completed, a Ral Partha female adventurer, I think sculpted by Julie Guthrie, because it's from the All Things Dark and Dangerous range.  Hoping the photos are in proper focus.

I really enjoyed the fact she had a sling and that the sling ball was sculpted into it.  Not overly happy with my metals on this one, but she'll do for now!
    • By 72moonglum
      Good evening my cohorts in miniature crime!

So here's another miniature I just finished last night and got photographed over lunch today. I've been on a dinosaur kick recently, I think partially inspired by the Lost Valley Kickstarter box.  This one in particular was sculpted in 1982 by Dennis Mize at Ral Partha in his Children of the Night series, and excellent and gritty group of miniatures.  I'm coming to realize that slowly but surely I'm painting tons from this range, maybe some day I'll have the whole range painted. 

Anyhoos, here is this one, a pretty large figure by Partha standards of the time, pretty much the size of a good sized wingless dragon:

and a few close ups of his massive skull:

I'm reasonably pleased with the results. I tried to stay away from just the greens and greys of dinosaurness, and went for hopefully some more brilliant colors.  Tried to some some stripes patterns, and there really is nobody that can tell me that he wasn't this color, so I think Im reasonable safe in my color choices.  As I keep painting more of these little prehistoric beasties, I'm going to keep having to do different colors.  Still haven't done much blue yet.  We'll see what dinosaur comes next.  Anyway, hope you enjoy him!

• By 72moonglum
      Hello guys and gals,

So I had shown off the face of this poor lass a day or two ago, due to the fact that she had a horrible accident with a bottle of red paint and I had to repair her.  She's okay though now, and here is what she looks like in her entirety:

with a nice little size comparison photo just for fun. She's small, but not super small, but always nice to have the option to check her size out:

and if you are at all interested in seeing her painful plastic surgery, you can check out here:

A face full of blood

Which will show you my temporary chagrin and dismay.  You'll see another miniature I'm posting at more or less the same time, a Ral Partha Allosaurus, that was the culprit of the red paint.

Anyway, another miniature done, chiseling away at my mortal coil!

Next!!!
  • Who's Online   38 Members, 2 Anonymous, 218 Guests (See full list)