Sign in to follow this  
Green Eyed Monster

Board Game Bag and Board Game Calendar

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1296268806/board-game-bag-and-board-game-calendar/description

This is an updated, as in reinforced, version of the bag first brought out by

Board Game Tables .com

With an advertised interior dimension of 12"x12"x20" / 31CMx31Cmx51CM this bag will easily accommodate several of the Reaper Paint Boxes [which are enough larger than a Plano deep tackle box to make it difficult to find a tote for] plus all your painting supplies, including an OTT Light in padded security.

I'm picking up a couple of these for my own paints and boardgames

GEM

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I don’t see myself ever having a need to take a bag this big filled with this many board games anywhere.

However it does remind me of how back in my AD&D days as a DM, when we rotated whose house we played at, I’d have  to carry a large sportsbag filled with all the rulebooks, boxes of miniatures and all the rest of the paraphernalia that a DM typically needed. Bag was filled to the max and heavy. So I could see it being useful for RPGs with minis.

It could be useful for carrying the terrain (buildings/vehicles/trees/etc) for my Walking Dead games, and other games I might get into that demand similar amounts of terrain. 

Actually I just went back to the project to check the end date and I see that’s in ten days. Even though I might be tempted but undecided that makes it a definite no go for me.

• Like 4

It's definitely tempting given the price ($29 USD + $8 USD shipping means it'll be around $50 CAD) but it would be competing with money for new paints plus whatever new stuff Talon Games comes out with... >.>;;;;  It would allow us to carry more than just Clank! to the gaming place though... Hmmm...

• Like 3

1 minute ago, WhiteWulfe said:

It's definitely tempting given the price ($29 USD + $8 USD shipping means it'll be around $50 CAD) but it would be competing with money for new paints plus whatever new stuff Talon Games comes out with... >.>;;;;  It would allow us to carry more than just Clank! to the gaming place though... Hmmm...

I'm picking up one for my Reaper Paint Boxes and a second one for the board-games I tote along when we visit the grandkidlets.

GEM

• Like 3

I have the first version in addition to two Cajon bags. Definitely high quality in comparison to the Cajon Bags.

• Like 4

6 hours ago, Talae said:

I have the first version in addition to two Cajon bags. Definitely high quality in comparison to the Cajon Bags.

The backpack shoulder strap for the first version ripped for me when I was swinging it onto (or off) my back with a full set of games.  This happened to several other owners but I know of at least one that sent the bag in and got a new one back.  I probably should have done the same.  And there is a video out there comparing bags and one is a Cajon bag that looks EXACTLY like the bag they sold.  So I'm thinking they just threw their name on an existing Cajon bag and got that made for them without any real testing.  

So I am a little annoyed at them.  That being said they call out exactly what went wrong and how they aim to fix it (and they did give my friend a new bag with no issue).  I'm still sitting on this one, debating internally if I should trust them a second time.  Helping them out is the fact that I prefer this form factor over what I currently have. 

• Like 2

I picked up their older bag version at Origins this year - for $20, it was almost too good to pass up. I'm mostly planning on using it to tote and store MtG stuff, but I was pretty impressed.

• Like 1

I have their first edition (got it at Gen Con for $20)  and it has held up pretty well on the 10 or so trips full of games it has made.  its also served occasionally as a mini tote, hamper and spare luggage bag and also served these purposes admirably.  I do like the backpack configuration although it does leave you feeling a little awkward.

Only reason I am not backing is that I really don't need another one...

• Like 2

I got the first one from some online sale...I think maybe even their website. I almost bought more than one but decided to try it out first. 

I have been super careful with the bag (and my Cajon bags), which has made it so the straps have survived being full of CW stuff and other things without broken straps and whatnot. No swinging and no sudden movements or other craziness.

I am debating getting one of these. I don't really need a forth bag, but a backup might be a decent idea.

• Like 1

Suggested to the creator for a future KS for a bag with miniature trays. 

• Like 4

On 7/9/2019 at 9:23 PM, ced1106 said:

Suggested to the creator for a future KS for a bag with miniature trays. 

Don’t know that I’d care to swing a bag full of minis over my shoulder and wear it like a backpack even if all the minis were in trays.

• Like 2

RE:  Mini Trays

I put a comment up on interest in a mini tray system and the creator of the Kickstarter has inquired about the Reaper Forums  discussion.

I gave him my input, suggesting that with the multi-axis carrying capabilities of this bag any system for mini transport would need arrangements for either magnetic basing or for some sort of cocooning for individual minis so they don't get bumped about excessively.

GEM

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Darsc Zacal said:

Don’t know that I’d care to swing a bag full of minis over my shoulder and wear it like a backpack even if all the minis were in trays.

Will request a "THIS SIDE UP" arrow patch if I hear back from him. :lol:

• Like 1
  • Haha 2