Sign in to follow this  
Reap me

Reapercon

I've never been to Reapercon before and I'm hoping to go next year so I have some questions. As to getting to the con, I'm not from Texas so which airport would I fly into? Would the hotel shuttle pick us up at the airport if we alerted them to when our flight was to land? When is the best time to arrive at the con as far as the first days activities? Is there much trading of minis being as I'm not a fan of mental minis? What happens if I don't want the Reaper Sophie mini?

• Like 1

• The convention is in Denton, which is on the north side of the metro area. The closest major airport is DFW, but some people fly into Love field.
  • There is no shuttle service to or from either airport; a cab, Uber/Lyft, shuttle, or rental is necessary (there is usually a ride-share thread here to help reduce costs).
  • Classes and other activities start Thursday morning; there is a meet and greet on Wednesday night that can be fun.
  • I haven't seen much miniatures trading outside of the melt table, which is strictly metals. There's a small but very nice huckster's area for purchases and of course you can buy any of Reaper's stuff easily.
  • If you don't want any of the metal minis in the swag bag,  you can probably trade them weight for weight at the melt table for other metal minis (talk to the people manning the Reaper store for more information about that).
  • Like 3

Hi Reap Me! We got a dedicated sub-forum just for ReaperCon!

You'll find plenty of answers for your questions, with quite a few tips, advice, and some fun surprises too (like ribbons or the "I Love Ed Sculpts" thing we got going this year).

As for your immediate questions:

• Denton is in the Dallas area, so DFW airport (international airport) or Love Field (smaller, local) are your choices to fly in.
  • Ride sharing services are the default means of travelling from the airport. We also started a ride sharing thread for this occasion.
  • Technically, if you arrive on Wednesday, registration used to start at ~6pm. Starting on Thursday, classes start at 10am, and vendors don't arrive much earlier. Game schedules aren't out yet but normally last 3-4 hours. You won't see much before 9am.
  • There's no official mini trading, but I can see it happening on the side between individuals. As Doug said, the melt table is where people go to exchange metal bits and parts. It's a large table with raised edges where metal parts are dumped and you scour for parts and old minis that interest you. It's all metal. No plastic, no resin.
  • Like 4

The free minis in your bag are yours to do with as you wish. If you don't want them you can give them away, lots of people would be happy to have a 2nd copy.  You can trade Sophie for some other metal figures at the melt table, but if metal isn't your thing you're not gaining anything there.  There's no official trading at the con but sometimes casual agreements happen among friends.  And of course, there are other places online where you can buy, sell, or trade figures.  But not here. 

• Like 4

Also last uear there was a ReaperCon swag box of goodwill, where people pit stuff they didnt want from the swag bags.  This box then got sent around to forumites who were not able to go and they were able to take a selection of items before forwarding the box on.  I believe there will be another one this year.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Dilvish the Deliverer said:

I believe there will be another one this year.

Yes, that's the plan.

• Like 2