• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By 72moonglum
      And another finished miniature from last night, a dimetrodon grandis, sculpted by Dennis Mize back in the 70's in his miniature range "Children of the Night".  

And in my quest to try not to do green and greys, I went a little loopy on the color scheme, so hope it's not too goofy, white, orange and blue.

Probably the miniature with which I'm least satisfied in a long history or okay minis, but I guess a little odd experimentation never hurt.  Let me know what you think of the colors!

• By 72moonglum
      Hello everybody! Hope a lot of you are having a great time at ReaperCon, one of these days hope to go!

So here is one of the figures I finished last night, a Ral Partha female fighter, sculpted by Bob Charette.   With this figure, it took me forever to figure out what color I wanted her clothing to be, so after a long and painful struggle just gave up and made them white. Don't know if that's ever happened to anybody else?

Anyhoos, enjoy!

• By 72moonglum
      So in all honestly, no idea what a prestidigitator is, and every time I spell it, I'm afraid I'm going to get it wrong!

So just finished this figure sculpted by the late, great Dennis Mize I'm guessing some time in the nineties. She's a very simple figure, just a mage, some gloves and a dagger, so it didn't take too long. The longest part was of course figuring out what color to make her, which took a few days. In the meantime I did her skin, face and hair.   I was kind of torn between green and red, and red eventually won.

I really like how the photos came out.  I tried taking them this afternoon at lunch, like I usually do, but because of some glaring problems with the miniature, a hair on her for example, and a bit of lint or dust, as well as a few imperfections I spotted in the paint job, I figured I'd try again tomorrow. I got home though and it was still pretty light outside, so I actually took her in the back yard and photographed her. I think the colors came out very vibrant with this in mind.  So anyhoos, here she is, enjoy:

• By 72moonglum
      Hello everybody,
      here's one I just completed, a Ral Partha female adventurer, I think sculpted by Julie Guthrie, because it's from the All Things Dark and Dangerous range.  Hoping the photos are in proper focus.

I really enjoyed the fact she had a sling and that the sling ball was sculpted into it.  Not overly happy with my metals on this one, but she'll do for now!
  • Who's Online   17 Members, 1 Anonymous, 558 Guests (See full list)