RAWR! (that's dinosaur for great job)

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

8 minutes ago, Darcstaar said:

Wow!  I have a little raptor in the queue.  This is inspiring work.

I’ve got the Bones raptors and I’ve got some of the old Partha ones where I’d have to glue their useless little arms on first.  I think I’m going older however, back to the days of the Children of the Night, where Dennis Mize created a bunch of thick, squat little beasts that are going to be great fun to paint.

• Like 3

Looks great, I like the colours!

If you want inspiration for colours, just look at modern birds and reptiles, I use those for reference for the Dinos and Reptilians in my Lost World project.

Also google Painted Dinosaur miniatures or Dinosaur artwork.

As for the Cavemen, Bones IV has a nice set and Copplestone Miniatures also have some great ones.

Reaper has some Neanderthal minis in metal and if you visit the Bay of Evil, Metal Magic has two hominids called cavemen.

• Like 4

6 hours ago, Glitterwolf said:

Looks great, I like the colours!

If you want inspiration for colours, just look at modern birds and reptiles, I use those for reference for the Dinos and Reptilians in my Lost World project.

Also google Painted Dinosaur miniatures or Dinosaur artwork.

As for the Cavemen, Bones IV has a nice set and Copplestone Miniatures also have some great ones.

Reaper has some Neanderthal minis in metal and if you visit the Bay of Evil, Metal Magic has two hominids called cavemen.

Thanks Glitterwolf!

Yup, that's what I've been doing, looking at photos of lizards and other dinosaur art to figure out hot to tackle colors and patterns.

I've seen the Reaper ones, which are of course beautiful (there's the one that is dragging his mate, politically incorrect fun), and I have the Bones IV Lost Valley box, so I have those cavemen and the prairie people, but I would have just loved to have seen Dennis Mize's take on cavepeople back then and with the 25 millimeter scale.

• Like 1

21 hours ago, Iridil said:

Great dino! Really like the colors and the muscle definition on the legs.

Thanks Iridil, those legs keep making me think about chicken for some reason!

17 hours ago, TheOldGuard said:

Beautifully done, love the colour scheme!

Thank you TheOldGuard, trying to avoid just drab grey!

11 hours ago, Warlady said:

Love your color choices!

Thank you Warlady, you've very kind for having such a bellicose name!

Edited by 72moonglum
  • Like 1

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now