Very nice!

Her second mini looks way better than my first minis when I started out.

All I can say is, keep practicing, try more shadows and highlights.

But this is a great second mini, it already has eyes!

Tabletop ready!

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Excellent work.  She should try simple basing to level up too.  Just some sand painted up like dirt goes a very long way to  make a figure seen finished.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

she's got a solid start; very fine brush control with those details.

yeah, I think she's fine to start working in more advanced techniques (like the others have said).  Definitely has got the basics down.  ^^

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Like everyone else said, nice job. She even went for the eyes, which is a tough concept to execute. Tell her to keep it up, progress over perfection is the goal.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Solid job. Great for second mini. It looks like she has good brush control, which is a plus. Now it's just a case of refining the skills she wants to get better at. Practice is the key.  One thing she can do to make the mini stand out and highlight the paint job is to add some basing. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Thank you everyone for the nice comments! She is very self conscious about her painting skills, and I hope your words encourage her to continue painting minis ::D: 

• Like 3

We want you both to keep posting your work. Keep it up! Cheers.

Also, tell her great choice on the mini. This is one of my favorite sculpts of Boromir, who is amazing.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

10 hours ago, lazarp said:

Thank you everyone for the nice comments! She is very self conscious about her painting skills, and I hope your words encourage her to continue painting minis ::D: 

I think we all would like to see more painted minis from the both of you!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Very nice job for only a second mini!  The eyes look good, and she got all those little fiddly bits.  Keep painting and practicing!

• Thanks 1

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Inarah
      Some guy from the Kickstarter  project.  Cast in plastic, some of the detail was really sharp, some was not. The face was weird, I could not figure out if he was supposed to have a mustache or not.  Good enough for tabletop play. 

• By aku-chan
      Presenting The Engineer, this hulking monstrosity of flesh and steel was originally another Nurgle-themed baddie from Games Workshops Rogue Trader boxset (like his friend Screamin' Eddie).

Not quite as happy with this one as I was with Eddie, for all his details he ended up kinda boring looking, but I was rather pleased with how his fiery belly turned out.

As always, any comments or criticisms are warmly received.
    • By Standifer
      This is a Games workshop Mumak  miniature that I bought used here awhile back. It was missing a lot of parts so I did some custom work. Here is the work in progress thread. 
      https://forum.reapermini.com/index.php?/topic/90512-mumakil-rebuild/
      I interned to get some archers to ride in it in the future but these Uruk will work for the pictures.

Some 28mm horsemen to help give a sense of size. This is now probably my largest miniature, barely.

Thanks for looking!
    • By aku-chan
      Presenting Screamin' Eddie, purveyor of the finest human meat to be found in all the Radlands! 

Had a lot of fun painting this guy. Originally, he was one of the big Nurgle baddies from Games Workshops Rogue Trader boxset, but I thought he worked well as a more generic Post-Apoc mutant (they all could really). 

As always, any comments or criticisms are warmly received.
    • By Standifer
      I found this mumakil  on the internet here recently. It is missing a lot of pieces, however I’m going to try to rebuild this thing. Here is my progress so far. 
      An oathmark dwarf for comparison, this thing is big!

Whoever assembled this thing glued the platform on sideways, with a VERY stout glue. In my efforts to remove it I ended up breaking it so it now has a pair of gaping holes in the bottom.

After trying to remove the platform pieces from the rest of the saddle I finically gave up and just ground them off, and glued the platform back on the right way.

The tusks has the ends broken off so I drilled some holes and inserted some styrene rod to give my milliliter something to grip to.

A pair of dowels sanded to shape serve as the front supports on the saddle.

And unfortunately he is missing his trunk, so I get to practice my sculpting skills. 
      I drilled some holes where the trunk goes so I can insert some wire to make an armature.

It’s the KRAKAPHANT

I’ll have to go look at some pictures at elephant trunks to see how long it should be. 

If anyone has any ideas or suggestions they are more than welcome!
      That is all for now thanks for looking!

• Who's Online   30 Members, 2 Anonymous, 36 Guests (See full list)