Sign in to follow this  
Enchantra

Heya

Out of the blue today I had the thought balloon that I should come and log in here and touch base with old friends.

The place sure has changed a lot.

I can't find the boneyard, and I was hoping to peruse it for parts to put into making jewelry for myself.  Something tells me the Boneyard went to the graveyard years ago and I missed it of course.

It's nice to see plastic minis.  If my hectic life ever slows down, I might get back into painting.

Good to see y'all.

• Like 10

15 minutes ago, Enchantra said:

Something tells me the Boneyard went to the graveyard years ago and I missed it of course.

Yep. That’s exactly what happened. It’s missed.

And welcome back! ^_^

• Like 4

Heya Glitterwolf.  No we haven't met.  I don't remember seeing your name when I was a regular here many years ago.

This place has certainly changed a lot.  It's what happens when you go out of touch for a while dealing with the rest of the world and life.

The good news is I have my own patch of desert with a house, two dogs, a great Husband, a stable (though stressful) job that pays decently and allows me to pay the bills.  I really don't have anything to complain about.

Now just to get life to slow down a bit so I can enjoy several things again - beading, painting, and weaving, and I will have found my Zen.

• Like 8

Beading?   

My sister is into that...    

Her hobby room is as large as my livingroom, but filled with shelving, completely stuffed with beads and whatever.  Lots of Swarovski and stuff. She reads Fire Mountain catalogs just as often as I pick up a newspaper...

(OK, she also runs a large online store from that room, selling beads and stuff. It's her way of financing her hobby.)

Makes my closet filled with minis and my racks with 20 paint bottles look sane in comparison...   ;-)

Even my computer collection takes up less space than her beads... 

Sanity?

Heard about it, tried it, decided to join here instead...

• Like 3
  • Haha 3

Welcome back Enchantra!  Glad to hear that things have been going well for you.  Some of the faces have changed, but none of the crazyness.  Hope you find time to get back to your hobbies.  I know for me, they are what keeps me sane.

• Like 5

8 hours ago, Gadgetman! said:

Beading?   

My sister is into that...    

Her hobby room is as large as my livingroom, but filled with shelving, completely stuffed with beads and whatever.  Lots of Swarovski and stuff. She reads Fire Mountain catalogs just as often as I pick up a newspaper...

(OK, she also runs a large online store from that room, selling beads and stuff. It's her way of financing her hobby.)

She shops Firemountain?

Have her look up the artist "Amanda Bielski-Wright" on their site.

That would be me.

I stopped doing their contests a few years ago due to lack of time, but managed to rack up an impressive rap sheet of awards with them before I went on extended hiatus.

• Like 6

And welcome back from another someone who was around to remember you!

The first Bones Kickstarter generated a huge influx of new forumites, and we've picked up new faces along with every KS since. A lot of the pre-KS forumites have gone on long hiatuses (hiati?), so it's good to see one come back for a bit.

Glad things are going well. I'm a little jealous of your patch of desert, but I wouldn't trade my patch of SW Pennsylvania hills. I bet we both see some lovely sunrises. I know my steady/stressful day job makes sure I'm up early enough to see them, anyway!

Good to see you; even if you aren't hobbying much, stick around for the random chatter; the forums are still one of the friendliest corners of the internet.

• Like 6