Sign in to follow this  
Sirithiliel

Dance of Death #2

This one's going to be mine, i'm thinking of having two of my dragon characters (both rainforest dragons, very tropical), facing off against each other

But i'm not sure. I know I want to do Syzll, my yellow tropical dragon, but Not sure on his opponent. What do you all think? 

or should i do a white-gold like my other Dance of Death, vs a red dragon...?

DoD1.jpg.c14e38c7c7192730c2d5e64805ae1fd3.jpg

dod.jpg

Edited by Sirithiliel
  • Like 12

Or maybe a black dragon with white accents vs red.....or vs a white/gold dragon...

so many choices 

Edited by Sirithiliel
  • Like 1

Work on the rock, will give the same treatment to my other DoD rock now that I figured out the process 

for some reason it uploaded them in the wrong order, the newer rock pictures are first and older ones second

IMG_20190714_204954.jpg

IMG_20190714_204950.jpg

IMG_20190714_203309.jpg

IMG_20190714_203303.jpg

Edited by Sirithiliel
  • Like 14

Would you mind elaborating on how you worked up the coloration on the rock?  I cannot tell if this is stippled in, or some kind of wash/glaze combination.

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, Clearman said:

Would you mind elaborating on how you worked up the coloration on the rock?  I cannot tell if this is stippled in, or some kind of wash/glaze combination.

none of the above haha!

just brushed on normally, nothing fancy, but i'd be happy to go over the steps

1. Firstly, I basecoated the rock in a regular acrylic craft paint. I used Folk Art Midnight blue for this rock (my other Dance of Death had the rock basecoated in folk art Wrought Iron)

2. A quick drybrush of white over the ridges

3. Now i break out the Reaper paints. I used 09322 Jungle mist for the upper edges of the rocks for that bleached stone look

4. 09460 Gnoll Pelt is the yellow green moss color that i do just under the jungle mist

5. 09411 Wilderness Green goes into the darker cracks

6. I also applied a bit of 09318 Carbon Grey mixed with some of the jungle mist to get the darker stone near the top and the darker crevice colors

Edited by Sirithiliel
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 8

46 minutes ago, Sirithiliel said:

none of the above haha!

just brushed on normally, nothing fancy, but i'd be happy to go over the steps

1. Firstly, I basecoated the rock in a regular acrylic craft paint. I used Folk Art Midnight blue for this rock (my other Dance of Death had the rock basecoated in folk art Wrought Iron)

2. A quick drybrush of white over the ridges

3. Now i break out the Reaper paints. I used 09322 Jungle mist for the upper edges of the rocks for that bleached stone look

4. 09460 Gnoll Pelt is the yellow green moss color that i do just under the jungle mist

5. 09411 Wilderness Green goes into the darker cracks

6. I also applied a bit of 09318 Carbon Grey mixed with some of the jungle mist to get the darker stone near the top and the darker crevice colors

I must experiment with these ideas. Most stone that I paint is pretty drab to look at. Your pride in your rocks is well justified!

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, klarg1 said:

I must experiment with these ideas. Most stone that I paint is pretty drab to look at. Your pride in your rocks is well justified!

i do a lot of drybrushing for my rocks, seems to work pretty well

• Like 3

Started the citrus yellow dragon

IMG_20190715_153954.jpg

thiking of going back to his original colors, not the ones in the first post of this thread

the original citrus dragon was painted on a statue in 2013. His original colors was a dark orange head, neck and shoulders with a yellow belly and yellow and orange strped legs, with his tail and back being more lime green. The red stripes are still present, but i think i like the more unorthodox color scheme of his original statue than the quick paint one i did in the first post

DSCF8739.JPG

• Like 11

Very much experimental coloration on the blue dragon, trying to find something I am happy with. So far still not happy, might need to switch the dragons to something simpler 

IMG_20190716_155839.jpg

IMG_20190716_155849.jpg

I might wipe them and try a different color scheme

• Like 9