My 5 1/2 yo son is super into Batman.  I had set up a Pathfinder game for the grownups, but only filled 2/4 seats.  My son has shown a little and growing interest in tabletop gaming.  So I made some stats for Batman as a Pathfinder character and used his LEGO Batman on the battle grid.

Here are how it came out: attributes were rolled.

Race Human

Class Ranger (Urban) lvl 1

Str 16

Dex 19 (+2 human)

Con 14 

Int 13

Wis 14

Cha 8

Favored Class Ranger +1 HP

Trait: Rich Parents

Trait: Deft Dodger (+1 Reflex)

Favored Enemy Humanoid (human)

Feat - Improved Unarmed Strike

Feat Human - Exotic Weapon Prof - Shuriken

Skills - don’t remember exactly, sheet isn’t in front of me:

Acrobatics, Craft (alchemy), Disable Device, knowledge (local), perception, Survival, Stealth

Gear- I took some liberties here for flavor:

Mwk Studded Leather, Batarangs(shuriken shaped like a bat available in a lethal or non lethal variety), smoke bombs (combine thunderstone and smoke stick in one thrown item same price as both combined), Mwk thieves tools, sap, spiked gauntlets x 2 (his sharp things sticking out of his arms), Grapnel: (Light Crossbow + 50ft silk rope + Mwk grappling hook + 100gp to account for the “gnomish winch”) I would have loved to make it a hand crossbow, but didn’t want to waste two feats on exotics.  I just tacked on cost to the various gear to use up the gold from rich parents and still leave him with a good kit.

He made level two and I chose an alt. Option for weapon style: thrown weapon.  That gave him bonus feat of Precise Shot without needing Point Blank Shot, but I plan on adding it later.

Let me know what you think.

My son didn’t have the attention span to stay at the table for long: his cousins were in the pool, so he ended up there.  My friend always plays the Cleric, but he ran Batman as a second character and had a blast with it.

• Like 5

5 minutes ago, Werkrobotwerk said:

I'm surprised you didn't take the vigilante class

I was thinking something similar. The Vigilante is clearly inspired by Batman, and should have an unarmed combat variant already available...

• Like 2

Just read up on that.  I don’t have that source book, so didn’t know that existed.

I agree completely with it seeming to cry out Butman.  Ultimately I was trying to a) keep it simpler b) use the books I own, rather than Archive of Nethys.  But that Vigilante class will be a good next iteration if my son starts gaining more interest and finesse with the process.

• Like 2

Also the Urban Ranger might be easier for a 5 year old. 

Besides, the cool part of Batman is the Batman part of it. The Bruce Wayne half of Batman's life is just there to pay for batarangs.

• Like 2

45 minutes ago, Werkrobotwerk said:

I'm surprised you didn't take the vigilante class

417px-Red_Raven_(iconic).jpg

I'm Bat errr inspired by Batman!!

Cool concept thou, I do like his combat gear. It really gives the character a gadget man feel but using medieval items (or medieval as you can get with fantasy rpgs now).

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Check out a couple of Heroclix that might make some good minis for your son. Nehrun; the Bat God, the Flying Batman and Leatherwing.

• Like 1

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Darcstaar
      This is an animal companion to a kobold Ranger in a module.  The character art has it light green with dark green stripes.  A little cliche, but I don’t care.

There are two arm choices.  I went with the ones making it look like he was grabbing something.  Got him ready with white primer.
    • By Metalchaos
      Good day everyone, here is my take at 89031, Tar-Baphon the Whispering Tyrant sculpted by Bobby Jackson. The 77531, Graveyard Fence Posts are also fron Reaper and were sculpted by Bob Ridolfi.                          
    • By Darcstaar
      This is my most ambitious attempt to date.  A mini-campaign I’m running some people through calls for many kobolds of varying colors and classes.  I had 12 Kobolds from Bones I, the 4 pack in metal that those were based off of (03064), the metal Leader and Sorcerer (03024), the 12 awesome new kobolds from Bones 4, and a 7 pack (I may have gotten a freebie, I thought I bought a six pack) of kobolds from the Ral Partha TSR Official D&D 2nd Edition line, stamped 1989.  That’s a whopping 37 figures.  I want to paint tribes from all 5 chromatic factions, and want to have as few duplicate poses per faction possible.  The Ral Partha kobolds have a more simian or canine face compared to the more reptilian face of the Reaper models, but I’m still going to fold those into each faction.  The Adventure calls out a Cleric (Red) a Ranger, (Green) and a Sorcerer (Green).  Those are the only ones with specific art, and I have models representative of each present without need for modification.  Also, I am not planning to add to the bases at all.

And I want to finish all of this in about a month (unlikely)!

Wish me luck!
    • By Darcstaar
      This figure is next on the agenda.  I cleaned up mold lines, cut off the “base” part of his integral base, washed him and mounted him on a Reaper 1 inch base.
    • By Unruly
      https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/smiteworks/fantasy-grounds-unity/description

Fantasy Grounds Unity is the name of the upcoming version of our virtual tabletop software, Fantasy Grounds. It's been completely rebuilt from the ground up in Unity. Read on to find out what this all means and why we are excited for this project.
      Fantasy Grounds is a popular system for playing a host of different roleplaying games online.  It is used by more than 130,000 gamers worldwide to connect and play popular games such as Dungeons and Dragons, Pathfinder, Savage Worlds, Call of Cthulhu, and more.  This type of program is commonly referred to as a virtual tabletop, or VTT, due to their ability to emulate various part of an RPG session in a digital form.
      What makes Fantasy Grounds different than competitors is how we expose character sheets and automate large portions of gameplay specifically for each system we support.  This is done through rulesets.  Your experience playing Deadlands Reloaded will differ from D&D and will be unique to that environment, contain custom graphics, character sheets, and automation specific to that game system.  
      One feature shared across most game systems is maps.  Some may use hexes while others use square grids and some may not use grids at all.  Facing is important in some and less so in others.  While FG has featured maps for many years, they have been primarily focused as reproductions of maps in existing adventure modules from our many licensed publishers. We believe that we can enhance these to provide dynamic line of sight, fog of war, and even map building support with painting and tiles.
      What you get for backing this project will be a license for Fantasy Grounds Unity (or FGU). This new game engine has all the great features of current version of Fantasy Grounds (soon to be called Fantasy Grounds Classic) along with new enhanced features. 
      Original Features Supported:
      Multiplayer support for playing tabletop games of Dungeons & Dragons (2E, 3.5E, 4E and 5E), Pathfinder RPG 1, Pathfinder RPG 2, Starfinder. Built-in content for D&D 3.5E, 5E and Pathfinder 1 Officially licensed add-on content available for D&D, D&D Classics (2E), Pathfinder, Starfinder, Savage Worlds, Call of Cthulhu, Basic Roleplaying, Castles & Crusades, Mutants & Masterminds, 13th Age, W.O.I.N., Traveller, and Rolemaster Classic Generic system support through our CoreRPG ruleset Brilliant Campaign Management Integrated character sheets with lots of automation built in for playing and leveling (depending on ruleset and content owned) Combat Tracking 3D dice Fantasy Grounds Unity Enhanced Features Include:
      64-bit support to allow for more content (quality and quantity) Native support for Mac, Linux and Windows PC Network lobby for easy hosting and joining of games (no port forwarding required) Tile based map building Enhanced Drawing Tools Additional Dice Macros support A new FGU only skin Dynamic Line of Sight with enhanced toggle blockers Paint with images, such as walls Animated image effects Backward compatibility with all existing campaigns and DLC from FGC In addition to these features, we are now poised to add even greater functionality going forward. We have lots of ideas for new features and this rebuilt engine will make it easier for us reach those goals and deliver consistent updates for free. 
      Tile based Map Building
      Dynamic Line of Sight (LOS) and Fog of War (FOW)
      Map Fx Layers
      We have already devoted over 4 years and 10,000 developer hours to this project. Any funds raised will help us push it over the edge and begin work on new features and functionality. If the project does exceptionally well, this may even allow us to add even more resources to the team.
      We have over 1200 existing DLC and add-ons. Our goal is to prioritize these by popularity and work on enhancing as many of these as we can. Without enhancements, they will continue to function as they always have in Fantasy Grounds Classic. You will be able to add dynamic line of sight to maps and begin using the new features straight away. As we work through this large back catalog of DLC, we will do all the enhancement and upgrade work for you so you can just load it up and begin using the advanced features without having to define any Line of Sight blockers yourself. 

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/smiteworks/fantasy-grounds-unity/description
  • Who's Online   16 Members, 0 Anonymous, 256 Guests (See full list)