On 8/2/2019 at 6:59 PM, blargney said:

I'm trying to figure out if the pauldrons and nape plates are supposed to be part of the reflective rust-coloured carapace or separate.  Thoughts?

Well, they are similar to the back, but not quite as spiny.  They are also very different from the main skin and individual plates.

I say make them the same color as the back.

• Like 1

Sometimes when I'm arting, I get these idiot savant moments when I just make a thing I didn't even know that I knew how to make.

20190804_164954.jpg

• Like 12

13 minutes ago, Darcstaar said:

It looks rather tortoise like.  Very interesting!

It worked, yay!

I'm trying to figure out how to convey the various descriptive, artistic, and mechanics aspects that are wrapped around the tarrasque.  It's described as having a reflective carapace, and it's got abilities for that characteristic.  Also, carapace says 'turtle' to me by default on a monster like this.  Finally, in all artwork I've seen of this beastie, it has a rust-coloured spiky shell.

• Like 5

On 7/19/2019 at 9:01 PM, blargney said:

It'll probably be a couple of days or more for it to cure lol.

I can still smell the caulking curing.  It might be months at this rate?  ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

For my own sanity later on, when I'm trying to figure out the recipe for the base coat on the armor plates: 1 drop leather brown, 2 drops glossy black, 18ish drops burnt sienna ink.

20190812_161444.jpg

20190812_161506.jpg

• Like 10

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now