Sign in to follow this  
haldir

Oinoloth minis?

So big bad  of a Adventure league 2 part'r I'm gonna run is a Oinoloth. A medium sized yugoloth (humanoid, demon/devil)  with goat/ram horns  with boils & other diseases ridden skin. Anyone know of anything like this:

attachment.php?attachmentid=97460&d=1526

I've got time with this one as I need to run 3+ full AL adventures & the actual adventure he appear in. (so about a month & half  to 2 months, as we take about 2 weeks to clear each adventure (my group's style of play). Thanks

• Like 2

slap a troll head on any zombie?

1 minute ago, Werkrobotwerk said:

or even easier now that I think of it, get the ram horns from a GW skeleton sprue and put those on a zombie

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, Werkrobotwerk said:

or even easier now that I think of it, get the ram horns from a GW skeleton sprue and put those on a zombie

Or on a Plaguebearer Deamon from GW.

• Like 2

hmmmm Plaquebear does fit the bill for that guy. Do they come just 1 or 2 vs the box sets?

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, haldir said:

hmmmm Plaquebear does fit the bill for that guy. Do they come just 1 or 2 vs the box sets?

Or maybe on the Bay?

34 minutes ago, Clearman said:

Try one of the GW Bits stores.

18 minutes ago, Glitterwolf said:

Or maybe on the Bay?

I looked on the Bay but not even Hoard O bits has anything.  I'm not familiar with web gw bits stores enough to know who look at. I did find a UK site, that looks promising. 

• Like 1

Center Stage Miniatures once made a "Rotting Overlord of Daemons" which is basically an Oinodaemon/Oinoloth. They seem to have been sold around 2013.

And that is literally all I have found.

52 minutes ago, PaganMegan said:

Maybe go with a Reaper goat demon, and add greenstuff boils and blisters?

Reaper does have some "beastman" types that could be painted an icky color with a couple sores added in for grins and giggles.  But the faces are very goat-y.

Yah I was surprised when it was a oinoloth as the overall villian (not realizing officially they got rid of "The Oinoloth" & made it anther yugoloth). I did see there is something on DM's Guild about Anthraxus, the original ruler of the Yugoloths.

This whole 2 part adventure has a very cool vibe to it, but I'm gonna hold off for a few adventures to give my table more levels. Adventure starts off with wood elves being set upon by cultists of Zuggtmoy & they take their seer's dreams & visions, using a magic item. The wood elf leader recruits the party due to she can't afford to lose anymore of her people.

Party heads toward a cave which is a giant fungus maze inside where they fight some odd fungus creatures (like the mold yugoloth I posted yesterday or the day before, clings to passageways or windows where it can make portals to the Abyss). After they complete that adventure, they head to the sanctum of the cult (still inside the cave). Here they fight a scientist fungus creature (got the stats of Hezrou) in his lab. I'm gonna use Reaper's Mushroom king for him. In the end, the cult leader during a ceremony where he is trying to summon the Rotting Moon (a apocolyptic demon) reveals himself as a Oinoloth, along with a couple of bodyguards which are Bazelues (rotting goat demons, gonna use the prepainted Schir minis for these, thought about the goat demon minis). Overall it'll be panicing cultists impeding the adventurers vs the fiends.

The 1st adventure is optimized for a 8th level party & currently my table (usually at 7 people at [email protected]/[email protected]) is around avg 5th level but is average level for it. I know they'd get slaughtered in a few of the rooms, soooo gonna give em some levels. In a way, I'm not sure if this is better then the adventure I did have planned with them encountering a room with 5 dwarf mummies & 2 centipede swarms in is any better!! :devil:

Also, some reason Plaguebearer bits came up later on searching the Bay. Oddly one of the seller is located here in town..:rock: I need to message him & see if we can work out a deal for a couple bodies & bits a his auctions are for 10x body bits.

36 minutes ago, BlazingTornado said:

The art is pretty bad but that is meant to be a goat-like head.

Here's what Atraxus looked like back when there was just THE Oinoloth.

Ahh...I see it now.  I thought it was just a nuggety-nasty goiter.  I mean...it sort of fits.

Jeeez...I remember that picture of Atraxus--Well done, but *bleargh*.  Always creeped me out.

19 minutes ago, BlazingTornado said:

It's not quite accurate but what about Gromtar The Foul?

https://www.reapermini.com/miniatures/figurefinder+metal+demon/latest/02165

I like it & it fits (sorta as he sheds his human guise & robes when he shows the party what he is actually). As a main villian, espically one that is probably the most powerful that they'll have faced so far, he kinds ehhh. 

I may find a use for him thou, as earlier in the 1st part they fight a couple of "veterans" (being that in the Monster manual) cultists with gold masks on. I need to wait till the new Roper is out before ordering from Reaper.