Recently Browsing 0 members
No registered users viewing this page.
This is my entry for the seasonal category in the Reaper Challenge League. I picked St Patricks Day as my holiday and found this adorable little fellow and his buddy in the Reaper Store. Normally I paint much bigger, meaner looking minis so this pair were a really nice change of pace. All comments and criticisms are, as always, very welcome.
There was a slight hitch when taking the photographs for the mini. I was taking the photos in an area with great natural light, but I was interrupted by an angry Kurogane who was furious that his sleeping spot had been hijacked for something as trifling as miniature photography :D
The mini suffered 1d2 bite damage to his hat.....
.....and the perpetrator showed a distinct lack of remorse! Such is a life with feline overlords The mini was quickly fixed with some paint plastic surgery. Thanks for looking everyone!
As I said on my Saproling's topic, I had today off, so... I decided that in addition to the saprolings, I'd knock out some tabletop quality ghouls. They were already assembled and primed, so the first thing was to paint the undead flesh. I used Vampire Shadow for their sickly skin. It didn't quite match the ghoul I'd painted before, but it was close enough. I sadly didn't always take good notes...
After that I decided that as these were primarily going to be gaming ghouls, and not for a unified force for Kings of War, they'd each get their own clothing color: Red, Green, Blue, Tan, and Dark Brown. I used Rusty Red, Muddy Olive, Rich Indigo, Desert Stone, and Ruddy Flesh. The eyes were all painted with Walnut Brown, as were the spikes sticking out of them.
Then I washed them all with a mix of 4 parts sepia wash and 1 part black wash.
A little bit of highlighting with the base clothing color, then it was time to paint the bases black, and then flock them! Oh, and a bit of watered down rusty red around the mouth.
Oh, and aged pewter on the spikes and the cleaver.
Looking good for such quick work.
I had president's day off, so to take advantage of it, I decided to speed paint some saprolings and some ghouls. I'll get around to posting the ghouls shortly...
First up, the twig blights (though really, at this size, they're more like branch blights) were all given a good hot water and soap scrub, and then primed with Brown Liner.
Then I painted them in successive highlights using Walnut Brown, Nut Brown, and Desert Stone. I then blotted them irregularly with Muddy Olive.
I stuck them on 1" slotta bases (GW style) and numbered each one, then I painted on some wood glue, and flocked them.
I painted the Bones Black, Bones, and Wizkids owlbears as Great Horned Owls. This is the Bones Black owlbear. Not sure why it isn't in the store, even under the special edition section. I used the number it was assigned my order form. Anyway, it is a pretty cool model! I have several of them so will be able to paint them as different types of owls. I definitely need a Hedwig owlbear!
Who's Online 22 Members, 2 Anonymous, 50 Guests (See full list)