Sign in to follow this  
Unit04

Batman: Gotham City Chronicles - Mission 9

B:GCC - Mission 9 "A Sad Celebration" has the Joker and Harley Quinn (and minions) lowering some sap into a vat while Batman and friends attempts to stop him.  

Since I already painted Harley Quinn, I only had the Joker to paint, and he's pretty straightforward.  I messed up his lips a little bit but, honestly, he's got a messy look sometimes anyway so I mostly left it in place.   Its hard to tell from the tabletop anyway.  Katana was also pretty easy to paint, and looked really good in pure white and black.  Spoiler I never heard of and her cape makes her a bit unbalanced, but she looks fun to play. 

946785651_2019-07-1919_55_17.thumb.jpg.2eb47f97412127eeea93e252afadf81e.jpg

I do love the Joker's pose, with the pistol held carelessly and the knife gripped tight, ready to strike.  

895027099_2019-07-1919_41_31.thumb.jpg.e505834aa5b3aaf9b7d2b75c0a7a417c.jpg 546819727_2019-07-1919_41_41.thumb.jpg.feb8ac9bbc840b63a0d8e6f9cfe38034.jpg

Spoiler: NO CAPES!

213008164_2019-07-1919_41_52.thumb.jpg.368ea7a36a56eb315e45182ae2cbfce5.jpg 157961404_2019-07-1919_42_12.thumb.jpg.fa02a2a7fd8fbaa5e5b4bf27895a1916.jpg

I must admit, I like Katana's pose and color scheme.  

2049940737_2019-07-1919_42_27.thumb.jpg.49e7aa24de6572d8155cd79ac1e4e7f4.jpg 832437924_2019-07-1919_42_39.thumb.jpg.7c2c2ec289e8cec240ce83bf66d589c5.jpg

• Like 19

yeah, I think Jokers' is one of the best pose/sculpts in that entire game.

solid stuff on all these.  ^^

Spoiler was one of the bat girls (kinda forgetting which atm), who shifted gears and turned into her own vigilante.  Underused, but interesting character.

Edited by jonfreeman
  • Like 3

" Spoiler was one of the bat girls (kinda forgetting which atm), who shifted gears and turned into her own vigilante."

PLEASE tell me that her version of the Batsignal was SPOILER ALERT!

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Unit04
      B:GCC - Mission 13 "Suicide Escape" has two traditional Suicide Squad members attempting to flee prison.  Kind of an interesting mission where the villains are passive until they aren't.  They are basically meandering around the jail until they decide to pull the trigger and attack.  

Croc's left eye was not as well defined as his right, it was pretty annoying.  He still came out pretty well though.  I tried to make his trench-coat extra dirty.

I had a tough time with Deadpool Deadshot because his color scheme is kind of all over the place.  Or maybe better put, his outfits are all over the place, as he tends to have the same colors, just in different locations.  And finding this outfit was nigh impossible.  Still, I really like how he came out.  His color scheme is very bright and really pops, especially when next to the drab, earthy Killer Croc.

Not quite enough room for a full family photo this time, so the minions get put the the bottom.  I'm not saying the color scheme is based off a football team near me, but I'm not saying its not...

• By Unit04
      B:GCC - Mission 12 "The Purge" has you trying to stop Two-Face from some nefarious deed that involves you purging some vats before time is up.  And we are halfway through!  Not as far as miniatures are concerned, but the core book has 24 missions so we have reached the middle.  Most bad guys are not reused, but lots of heroes are, so I have very few heroes left to paint but still a box load of villains.  And, of course, henchmen (and the heroic counterpart).  

(Sorry for the double post but I got a new computer and spent waaay too much time playing on it instead of setting it up to post pictures of stuff. )

I think I need to find a better technique to keep the whites bright and yet still get the shadows painted.  

Since I had no new heroes to paint, I am working my way through henchmen.  Painting the Thugs with Guns to finish off my thug list. 

• By Unit04
      B:GCC - Mission 11 "Major Gas Madness" has Scarecrow as the major villain to beat.  You need to find his toxin formula and escape before you croak.  There is a lot of deadly gas about (surprise) so you need to be careful.  There were no new heroes to paint in this mission, so I painted up a set of thugs instead.  

Scarecrow and Hazmat Thugs

Not the Scarecrow I'm familiar with, but a cool one nonetheless.  Fairly easy to paint, although sometimes the paint seemed to not want to stick to some difficult to reach areas.  

I thought Hazmat Thugs would be a nice combo to paint up with Scarecrow.  I was debating on what to do with the area of plastic between the strap and the gun.  Do I paint it black?  Or light blue?  or white?  Or yellow?  In the end I decided that these guys were minions so who cares.  Black was the least amount of work and looks good enough for what they are on the table for.  

• By Unit04
      B:GCC - Mission 10 "The Postman Always Rings Twice" pits our heroes vs Firefly and Killer Moth.  The heroes need to examine the poison and find an antidote for it, but the laboratory is extremely deadly to anyone without a gas mask.  Thankfully one is provided.  

Ok, I'm back from work travels, lets finish up some minis!

Batwoman has a great color scheme, but enough with the unbalancing capes already!

I like how Azrael's sword came out.  I kind of gave up on it but after giving it a red wash it looked much better.  I can't say I enjoyed painting his cape either.  Between his arms and his cape, there was a lot of blocked plastic.  

I like Firefly for a number of reasons and I enjoyed painting him.  I attempted to get some color in the smoke but I gave up.  There's some orange in there but that's about it.  

Finally, someone who's not red.  Killer Moth is typically a gag villain but I guess they made him serious business at some point.  I actually kind of like his outfit and while his front logo of a x-shaped teal design over a white-ish design wasn't perfect, I'm glad I tried it.  

• By Unit04
      B:GCC - Mission 8 "Deadly Riddles" has the Riddler facing off against the Bat Team, in this case Duke Thomas aka The Signal because...they were running out of names I guess.  I stopped reading well before he showed up, but he has an interesting outfit if you ignore the fact that it is bright yellow.  

I also painted off a set of generic thugs.  Getting them out of the way one set at a time.

Duke "The Signal" Thomas

The Riddler, Year Zero version.  Snappy dresser.

Some thugs.  

• Who's Online   48 Members, 5 Anonymous, 297 Guests (See full list)