Recently Browsing 0 members
No registered users viewing this page.
This is my second Attic Whisperer. I decided on pink for her (I still think of this mini as female) to complement the blue one. I wanted to put something on her base this time and @3vil3lvis and @Fencig both gave me some good ideas in their comments on my first effort (although making a bassinet at this scale, as Fencig suggested, is a fantastic idea but a bit out of my skill range). So I thought about just painting a circled pentagram on the plastic card floorboards and putting her inside it, but as I can't even freehand a short straight line that idea went out the window and left me having to repaint the base.
Then I remembered that last year I'd bought a set of accessories called Wizard's Study, or something like that (the packaging is long gone; I cannot remember the manufacturer but this company's minis are grey pre-primed plastic, so if anyone knows tell me in the comments.) So I dug them out of my bits box, picked a small pile of books and a clear bottle, painted the books and glazed the bottle and glued them in place, then attached the Whisperer.
I thought the base needed another element so I cut some 2mm plastic rod into short lengths, drilled them out, inserted small pieces of brass wire for the wick and painted them to look like candles. I added the runnels of wax and the pool of wax using Liquitex modelling paste. Looking at them in the photos I should have used thinner wire.
I'm happy with the figure and accessories, but the floorboards need to be better. I decided on black this time for a change and to give a strong contrast to the mini and other elements but as I can barely paint brown wood realistically, I should have realised that they'd look like stone.
As always, comments and criticisms are welcome.
I'm actually thinking about buying another set of these figures.
It looks like there's a random flake of tan paint below her jaw. I can't see it on the actual figure, so it must have fallen off after I took the pic. I really have to remember to "dust" the minis with a brush before photographing them.
I knocked this one up last night. I couldn't believe how small the figure is but it was fun to paint, and I'm still trying to get the hang of layering rather than drybrushing to highlight cloth. I basically ripped off the colour scheme of the example on the Reaper site. The "floorboards" are strips of plastic card. She (for some reason I keep thinking of the mini as a she) was a bit lost even on a 10mm base so I added the dried bloodstain. I'm not sure if it's worked but I couldn't think of anything else to put there.
My girlfriend upon seeing this: "You've finished another one? Let me have a look GET THAT THING AWAY FROM ME IT'S HORRIBLE!"
Kevin Williams did a fantastic job on making such a small sculpt be so unbelievably creepy.
I have no idea what this little guy is supposed to be, but he's easily the smallest mini I've painted. Lots of Army Painter Jungle Green, Vallejo Transparent Yellow, Army Painter Green Wash and a bit of white.
The base is made from Liquitex Modelling Paste, which is surprisingly easy to use. Of course I stupidly did the base the day after I painted the mini, so hilarity ensued when I had to match the paints again.
Who's Online 38 Members, 4 Anonymous, 284 Guests (See full list)
- Darsc Zacal
- Knight of the Dinner Table
- Arc 724
- Cranky Dog
- Rob Dean
- Xiwo Xerase