Sign in to follow this  
Knight of the Dinner Table

CMON Trudvang

17 minutes ago, Dan d'Lyon said:

I dropped out.  Just wasn't feeling it.

I am teetering for this one. I am still in, but I honestly don't know why.

This Kickstarter is incredibly boring. 

Even more boring than Cthulhu: Death May Die. 

Bombarding me with text descriptions of stuff is not an update.

Shallow looking computer renders of miniatures ("ivory" -- what does that mean?  Where do they get the Elephants for this?) are not an update.

Don't they understand that Kickstarters are supposed to be bling bling bling?

17 hours ago, Knight of the Dinner Table said:

It's not going as fast as they thought it would? Another add-on ... this time KS exclusive. Might tip me over the line to drop out.

Probably the best thing for backers is that this thing doesn't go very fast.  I think Hate really underperformed from their expectations, so they ended up making the stretch goal gaps narrower than they normally do toward the end.  If I remember correctly.

2 hours ago, Dan d'Lyon said:

Probably the best thing for backers is that this thing doesn't go very fast.  I think Hate really underperformed from their expectations, so they ended up making the stretch goal gaps narrower than they normally do toward the end.  If I remember correctly.

It's interesting to watch this one.  It was down 127 backers yesterday and 44 so far today.

Looking at Kicktraq the total number of backers is down 27 since the end of day two, so currently any new backers are being cancelled out by drops.

Not surprising -- the EB is the key reason people are in right now.  So new funding is only coming from add-ons.

I watched the gameplay overview last night.  Drawing chits out of a bag to simulate combat?  Not really any sense of excitement there for me.

• Like 2

This is noteworthy.  I don't think I've seen a Cmon project lose funding like this before.  And they are offering radio silence in response.

It's the kind of huge drop usually seen when projects are suspected of being scams or some other extreme concern. 

I can't understand CMON. Either they have become unbelievably arrogant ... or ?

If they do not have the (wo)man power to have somebody in the comment section more often during a GenCon weekend, why start the project at all?

Lots of questions - no answers.

No attempt to turn it around.

I'll probably drop my EB today, depending on whether there is a meaningful update or not.

I unbacked. I loved the Paul Bonner art and the idea of this but was mainly in it for the minis.

Following launch I wasn't fond of some of the sculpts and there just weren't enough extras or distinctive designs to keep me invested.

The difficulty with Dark Ages material in my view is that, when you look at an elf with a fur cloak and spear, you have already seen two or three or twenty of them from other companies. Ditto skeleton warriors or goblins with big noses. 

You can't say that about a wizard who looks like Freddy Mercury, or zombie orcs, or a female African space soldier, or a twenties moll with a machine gun. I didn't want to lock up £170 for 18 months to wait for not that many minis, that I can find in the meantime online or in FLGS

Also, launching Zombicide Invader at retail at competitive prices when the KS has not been delivered stung, previewing the Egyptian game just made this one look generic, and finally, I am looking forward to Mythic Games' Hel. 

All just my opinion though and they are a seasoned company who always come through with what they say they will produce. 

• Like 2

10 hours ago, Knight of the Dinner Table said:

Either they have become unbelievably arrogant ... or ?

Business as usual. CMON has *never* been all that touchy-feely with their backers. 

OTOH, They've offered niche boardgames that would otherwise not be available through pre-crowdfunding retail. Unfortunately, this hasn't come across to backers, and all they see are the negative numbers on KickTraq. This, despite $1M still being more money than other niche CMON KS projects have taken in -- without the lamenting.

Mebbe they *should* have a better personality on KS, because that's certainly an important part of crowdsourcing. I'll leave CMON to find some way to pry open my wallet again, while I throw money at Reaper next month...!

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this