Paradoxical Mouse

Mouse's Eberron Game

I haven't run one of these online before, but a few people have indicated interest in playing my Eberron game on the forums. 

Setting

- Eberron (obviously)

- Beginning in the City of Towers - Sharn

Campaign

- Intrigue based

- Plan to Adapt to Characters

Rules & Guidelines for Characters & Play

- System: D&D 5e

- Traditional Point buy

- Using class starting gear

- No spells from books other than PHB (excluding subclass feature spells), and races restricted to normal Eberron races

- Playing w/ Feats - excluding Sharp Shooter

- Choice of Human/Human Variant 

- Detailed backgrounds necessary (need information to adapt to characters, Xanather's Generated backgrounds will work, or you may make your own)

- Ask about Homebrew/Unearthed Arcana

- Character secrets can be PM'd or put in spoilers, depending on how secret you'd like it to be

- Ask any questions :) 

Edited by Paradoxical Mouse
  • Like 2

Nest of luck to you with this.  I've always wanted to play Eberron, bit I dont currently have the time to give this the attention it deserves.  Looking forward to checking up on what goes on though.

• Like 1

I'm interested. I've loved Eberron ever since it came out in the third edition days.  I'm starting to get into 5e so it would all be a learning curve but I understand it's pretty easy to get in to.

• Like 1

I would be happy to join up and give this a run.  I have missed the pbp games as I travel a lot and face to face gaming is hit and miss when I am on the road 2 weeks our of 3.

might need a little help with the Ebberon setting, I haven't played there before but I have read some about it and I think I have some of the older material kicking around in my archives (its what my wife calls the towering bookcases full of RPG books in the family room)

Looking forward to it!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Cygnwulf said:

I'm interested. I've loved Eberron ever since it came out in the third edition days.  I'm starting to get into 5e so it would all be a learning curve but I understand it's pretty easy to get in to.

1 hour ago, Kangaroorex said:

I would be happy to join up and give this a run.  I have missed the pbp games as I travel a lot and face to face gaming is hit and miss when I am on the road 2 weeks our of 3.

might need a little help with the Ebberon setting, I haven't played there before but I have read some about it and I think I have some of the older material kicking around in my archives (its what my wife calls the towering bookcases full of RPG books in the family room)

Looking forward to it!

The rule system shouldn't be a barrier - 5e is really easy to learn.

The official Eberron material I'm using is the Wayfinder's Guide to Eberron on the DMs Guild. 

I can't promise other Eberron material will be followed :)

Looking forward to seeing you guys' characters

36 minutes ago, Paradoxical Mouse said:

I can't promise other Eberron material will be followed :)

So what I'm hearing here is that I -shouldn't- dig out my copy of Sharn: City of Towers  and study up, right?  

48 minutes ago, Cygnwulf said:

So what I'm hearing here is that I -shouldn't- dig out my copy of Sharn: City of Towers  and study up, right?  

Correct. While I am using that as personal reference, I reserve the right to change anything not mentioned in Wayfinders.

• Thanks 1

I'd be interested in this. I do love me some Eberron.

I've played and run Eberron for years, but I've never done a PBP.

How many players do you want? Is posting here to join up fine, or do you want PMs for serious intent to join?

33 minutes ago, Sanael said:

I'd be interested in this. I do love me some Eberron.

I've played and run Eberron for years, but I've never done a PBP.

How many players do you want? Is posting here to join up fine, or do you want PMs for serious intent to join?

Posting in here to join up is fine.

I'd like between 4-7 players. 

3 minutes ago, Cygnwulf said:

Any tones or themes to consider for character creation?

That's up to y'all. I'm willing to change the tone to fit the players. 

I'd appreciate, however, if you'd include something to tie your character into Sharn or Khorvaire. 

This can be a dragon mark, being a veteran, enrolled in the university, part of a faction, etc.

I'm pondering a changeling cleric... My first thought is they were raised in a nomadic changeling tribe that wanders throughout Breland and southern Thrane, maybe as far north as Aundair. I thought their home shrine/temple might be in Greywall, connecting them to Droaam a bit, and it'd also be easy enough to put this character in contact with a shrine in Sharn, too. 

Would that be an ok place to start? I can write up some deeper backstory tonight if you're good with it.

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, Sanael said:

I'm pondering a changeling cleric... My first thought is they were raised in a nomadic changeling tribe that wanders throughout Breland and southern Thrane, maybe as far north as Aundair. I thought their home shrine/temple might be in Greywall, connecting them to Droaam a bit, and it'd also be easy enough to put this character in contact with a shrine in Sharn, too. 

Would that be an ok place to start? I can write up some deeper backstory tonight if you're good with it.

That works for me!

ok, I'll need some time to familiarize myself with the info in the new book, so another idea my jump out, but my first quick idea is a dwarven fighter,  an unmarked scion of house Kundarak who has a bit of a un-dwarven distraction with tales of adventure.  He wants to join the Clifftop Guild but has developed a bit of a reputatation for tardiness since he is easily distracted, particularly by bards tales of parts unknown.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Cygnwulf said:

ok, I'll need some time to familiarize myself with the info in the new book, so another idea my jump out, but my first quick idea is a dwarven fighter,  an unmarked scion of house Kundarak who has a bit of a un-dwarven distraction with tales of adventure.  He wants to join the Clifftop Guild but has developed a bit of a reputatation for tardiness since he is easily distracted, particularly by bards tales of parts unknown.

Sounding good so far!