Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By EvilJames
      So finally got around to taking my pictures of my minis from Gencon. I took a bronze for Rumscratch.

I was fairly happy with his little beach there, even if the water doesn't show well on camera.

My elf sailor was also entered, but not judged, since they only judge one of your entries per catagory.

He doesn't look very friendly. He was supposed to though.

I did a Wyrd miniatures speed paint of the Immolated Rhino.

I didn't know anything about this guy other than it was a rhino. Didn't even know the name until just now, so I made it pink. I made it very very pink.
      wish I could have come up with something to do with the cracks in his skin. I just kind of ignored them.

this guy is a deep cuts guard. I did him up in a color theory class.

I don't think he turned out too bad considering the size of the brush I used on him.

I'll probably touch him up eventually.
      Questions, comments, concerns?
      I also took a miniature photography class and as side effect, learned what a few of the icons on my phones camera do. 
    • By Generic Fighter
      So, It is that time of year again! When the winds of flatulence waft the delecate aromas of nerdfunk into ones nostrils! The Convention season is here! And I won't be going to one! At least not a big one. So no GenCon for me :( But I'm still supporting the DDM Guild events there! So, I'm sharing my WiP pictures here.

The "Thundercorn" as I am calling it, is nearly done. just a bit of touch ups and the base to go.

The Pit Fiend just has the base coats on at this time.

The White Wyrmling has the second layer of shading started.

This is a Scaladar. I think it is supposed to be a robot scorpion that shoots lightning. I have a rather ambitious plan for it though. It has a bunch of cracks in its armor and joints. I'm painting those cracks to look like it has bright crackling lightning inside it! Then I plan to paint the armor a bronze or brass.

GF
    • By Rob Dean
      My crew of five drew an earliest hotel registration time of 2:00 this afternoon, which wasn't enough to score a room in a connected hotel.  It looks like we'll be out by the airport again this year, so that will place a premium on traveling light, and shopping responsibly. 

Next task, decide whether we're driving, and how to configure two different miniature war-games for air travel.  Perhaps this is the year when Fat Dragon fold-flat buildings will cover the table...
    • By dks
      I am playing in the Pathfinder "Ruins of Azlant" Adventure Path campaign.  A few of the PCs have some healing magic, but we didn't have an actual cleric until a PC recently took the Leadership feat, and an NPC cleric joined the party as his cohort.   (Click here for the Show-Off thread about the figure that I use for my character.)
      The new cohort-cleric, Father Kurvis, is middle-aged and acts like a curmudgeon but has a kind heart.  He worships Abadar, the god of cities, law, merchants, and wealth.  Abadar's colors are gold and black, and his holy symbol is a golden key.
      Our GM has an extensive collection of prepainted plastic figures (D&D and Pathfinder), and this Village Priest seemed appropriate.  It is from a 2005 D&D miniatures release.   I offered to repaint it to be specifically Kurvis.
      Two hours of slinging paint got me to "finished" ... and after I took the first set of photos, I saw how bugged and asymmetrical his eyes were, so I just spent a few more minutes touching them up.

Before and after:

Enjoy,
      Derek

• By Generic Fighter
      My Repaints for the DDM Guild's Community Draft Prize Table! Enjoy:)

A Shadar-Kai Warrior.

A Gold Dragon Wyrmling!

The Astral Giant!

The Orc Skeleton!

GF
  • Who's Online   23 Members, 2 Anonymous, 178 Guests (See full list)