Sign in to follow this  
IgwanaRob

Bases now made out of Bonsium?

While looking at the bases, I noticed they all have the Bones logo on them now. Are they no longer HIPS? Frankly, the Bones material is just not good for bases - way too flexible.

12 minutes ago, IgwanaRob said:

While looking at the bases, I noticed they all have the Bones logo on them now. Are they no longer HIPS? Frankly, the Bones material is just not good for bases - way too flexible.

I doubt they were ever high-impact polystyrene, though they might have been polystyrene. (I could certainly be wrong about that.) But PVC can be as rigid as the bases I've gotten from Reaper in the past. It's all about the plasticizer.

• Like 2

I think this might just be a site issue.  The only base I thought was Bones is the Graveyard Display Base, everything else being styrene.  There are also two bases on page 2 that are identified as resin bases, but still receive the Bones logo when you mouse over the image.

edit:  it could also be tag or database related.  I'm not sure what technique is used to dynamically make the Bones logo appear.

Edited by Clearman
  • Like 1

could also be just that the bones logo is being used for anything plastic that wasn't specifically Bones Black.  

• Like 1

Sure hope they haven't been switched to Bones.  I rather like them as is, because they're useful in a number of ways, and are fairly rigid...  Although the 170mm oval has a bit of flex to it, but nothing terrible. 

Being a web developer myself, this is likely just an effect from having to mass edit all the products in the database. Probably went something like this:

1. Switching to new site, including setting up all the products from scratch(or mass edit).
  2. Set all products to be tagged as Bones material.
  3. Change metal minis to Metal material tag instead.
  4. Forget bases are a thing, so they are now tagged as Bones material.