Sign in to follow this  
fredou

77203 Alastriel

hello everybody

I am a new member on this forum, and new in the hobby to.

this days I post a lot of pictures of my painting to have some tips and encouragements !

Fred. 

09.jpg

10.jpg

• Like 20

Thanks for sharing, she looks good. 

The yellow background is a little bright and distracts from your nice paint job, though. 

You’re off to a great start!  Post more of your work!

Dont be afraid to push those highlights up a little more. Also, I suggest using a matte varnish or Testor’s Dullcote on her to take away the shine. 

Use a darkish background with strong white light for photography. 

• Like 1

Hello,

Thanks for the tips. I'm not sure enough of my technique yet but I will try on my next mini ( 77049 ) to make more visible highlights. And remove definitely my orange background !

Nice job. Some critique: 
- First get a different background. Preferably one that is more neutral. 
- Push the shadows darker, especially on the hair.
- Your eyes are really good for a start and they show nice brush control.

Now some tips:
- A tip for the eyes: do them first. Use the darkest skin colour and paint the general area around the eye (I use a deep brown or redish-brown for this). Draw in the off-white and draw a downwards line in the middle or paint the eye black and dot a side with off-white (makes the mini look to the side). Then paint the face leaving a dark outline for the eye. What you did was very good anyways, and it looks great from a distance. There is/was an illustrated guide somewhere on these forums on how to do this.

- If you let the last coat dry and then start painting the next layer and make a mistake you can take a clean damp brush and flood the area with water. Then just wipe the paint away. This works as an undo button, but don't forget to let the water evaporate before you paint in that area again.

- Find a painter that you like and try to copy their style. Then choose another painter with a different style and try to copy that. Afterwards combine what you like and make your own. But always try new techniques and styles. This will allow you to grow. 

- Don't' be scared of failure. Take it as a learning experience and use after you make a mistake on a mini go over the top when fixing it (you all ready failed once, what will one more failure do?).

• Like 1

Welcome to the Forum!

Very nice!

Remember , Having Fun is the most important part of the hobby!

• Like 1