Has this ever happened to anybody?? Aaaargh!!!!!

not paint, but I recently had an...incident... where I had jut finished spraying sealer on a couple of pieces I finished. I left them setting under my hood (once of those collapsable/portable jobs from amazon) while cleaning up my brush, then when I went to turn of the draw, I wasn't paying attention and straight on punched the top panel.  It raised up off the pegs that support it, they all four fell away to the sides, and the top panel swung down and disarmed in the most literal sense a space marines sergent...

• Like 1
  • Sad 3

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

On 8/14/2019 at 3:38 PM, Madog Barfog said:

The worst thing that ever happened to me was a little extra superglue on my table. Big deal, right?

It is when you somehow get the bristles of your favorite W&N Series 7M in it. 

Now I make sure to soak up any extra glue with bits of paper towel. 

Sadly I’ve had something very similar happen to me.  I’m working on a base, putting super glue down on it to put my corn meal one, which represents dirt, and then I was brushing off the dust from the corn meal on the figure and it dipped into the still wet super glue.

• Sad 4

I tried a new brand of superglue a few days ago. It was a replacement of the old one I used, nothing different I thought.

Well.. it turns out the first droplet shoots out instead of dropping out. Gently squeezed towards the bottom of my mini, aiming to glue it down to the base, and BAM!

My entire mini was covered in superglue :o

Cleaned out what i could, just let the rest dry as is, but damn. That sucked.

Not to mention my hand being covered, who knew superglue feels hot when it's attaching? I do now!

• Like 1
  • Sad 2

I had a older batch of brush on sealer, it yellowed the whites on my minis.

So after that dried I had to repaint the white and then I used anti shine spray can instead.

Minor inconvenience but still not funny.

As for superglue, these days I use a small skewer to apply it to the mini.

Squeeze the glue on some plastic tray and use the skewer to apply just enough of it.

I'm done with having about anything except the mini glued together.

• Like 2

36 minutes ago, Venun said:

I tried a new brand of superglue a few days ago. It was a replacement of the old one I used, nothing different I thought.

Well.. it turns out the first droplet shoots out instead of dropping out. Gently squeezed towards the bottom of my mini, aiming to glue it down to the base, and BAM!

My entire mini was covered in superglue :o

Cleaned out what i could, just let the rest dry as is, but damn. That sucked.

Not to mention my hand being covered, who knew superglue feels hot when it's attaching? I do now!

Last night the same thing kind of happened to me.  It was with however a used SuperGlue tube.  I opened it up, pulled off the dried glue and then started squeezing gently.  All of the sudden a big blob of superglue came shooting out. Luckily it didn't hit the model, but it dribbled all the way down the actual base so I had to try to wipe it off, which never seems to work, and after I covered it with corn meal to simulate dirt, I had to scrape it off the exterior of the base.

18 minutes ago, Glitterwolf said:

I had a older batch of brush on sealer, it yellowed the whites on my minis.

So after that dried I had to repaint the white and then I used anti shine spray can instead.

Minor inconvenience but still not funny.

As for superglue, these days I use a small skewer to apply it to the mini.

Squeeze the glue on some plastic tray and use the skewer to apply just enough of it.

I'm done with having about anything except the mini glued together.

Wise words and wise technique!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1