Sign in to follow this  
72moonglum

Ral Partha Female Magic User with Staff by Julie Guthrie

Such clean lines, and I like the shading/highlighting all around.  I especially like the red.  Wonderful job on the face, as well.  You weren't kidding that she's small!  Nicely done

• Like 2

1 hour ago, sentinel said:

Such clean lines, and I like the shading/highlighting all around.  I especially like the red.  Wonderful job on the face, as well.  You weren't kidding that she's small!  Nicely done

Thanks Sentinel!  Yup, she is a petite lady! I think it's kind of helpful to give her the quarter comparison, as well as lots of the older Partha miniatures for people to appreciate really how small they are.

1 minute ago, Glitterwolf said:

She looks amazing!

Thanks Glitterwolf! I'm enjoying these old Partha pieces, All Things Dark and Dangerous and the Children of the Night. Maybe someday I'll have both ranges almost completely painted. That's still years off though.

• Like 3

Beautiful work on her white dress and the red of the cloak is really rich and deep in color variation - another great paint up of these small oldies!

• Like 3

On 7/31/2019 at 8:14 AM, Iridil said:

Beautiful work on her white dress and the red of the cloak is really rich and deep in color variation - another great paint up of these small oldies!

Thank you Iridil,  it was kind of hard to choose colors for her, but once I committed to a white dress with pink highlights, the rest kind of came naturally.  I kind of diverged too with the staff, I almost always just paint staffs black or brown, but this one needed to be a bit more matching her dress, and the eagle head too ended up being white, pink and purple.

• Like 1

She really is LOVELY. Her face is BEAUTIFULLY expressive, & your deft work with the brush & eye for colors are as SPLENDID as ever. VERY WELL DONE!

18 hours ago, malefactus said:

She really is LOVELY. Her face is BEAUTIFULLY expressive, & your deft work with the brush & eye for colors are as SPLENDID as ever. VERY WELL DONE!

Thank you Malefactus! Her face reminds me a little bit of Steffi Graff, the German tennis player. Don’t know if I spelled her name correctly. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Warlady said:

She's lovely - you always do such beautiful, clean work.

Which is amazing if you saw my dirty, disorganized work space!  Thanks very much Warlady!

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this