Ral Partha Female Magic User with Staff by Julie Guthrie

72moonglum

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, sentinel said:

Such clean lines, and I like the shading/highlighting all around.  I especially like the red.  Wonderful job on the face, as well.  You weren't kidding that she's small!  Nicely done

Thanks Sentinel!  Yup, she is a petite lady! I think it's kind of helpful to give her the quarter comparison, as well as lots of the older Partha miniatures for people to appreciate really how small they are.

1 minute ago, Glitterwolf said:

She looks amazing!

Thanks Glitterwolf! I'm enjoying these old Partha pieces, All Things Dark and Dangerous and the Children of the Night. Maybe someday I'll have both ranges almost completely painted. That's still years off though.

• Like 3

On 7/31/2019 at 8:14 AM, Iridil said:

Beautiful work on her white dress and the red of the cloak is really rich and deep in color variation - another great paint up of these small oldies!

Thank you Iridil,  it was kind of hard to choose colors for her, but once I committed to a white dress with pink highlights, the rest kind of came naturally.  I kind of diverged too with the staff, I almost always just paint staffs black or brown, but this one needed to be a bit more matching her dress, and the eagle head too ended up being white, pink and purple.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, malefactus said:

She really is LOVELY. Her face is BEAUTIFULLY expressive, & your deft work with the brush & eye for colors are as SPLENDID as ever. VERY WELL DONE!

Thank you Malefactus! Her face reminds me a little bit of Steffi Graff, the German tennis player. Don’t know if I spelled her name correctly. 

• Like 1