Sign in to follow this  
Livesay

Thain Grimthorn, Dwarf Cleric 77213 and 03717, about a year apart

Really nice progress. You should make his base as nice.. That would breath even more life into him! 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, LarsM said:

Really nice progress. You should make his base as nice.. That would breath even more life into him! 

I agree, but I'm not sure what would make him look the best. I didn't end up liking the original model's basing material, it was too large and looks like crushed peanuts. I have some coffee grounds which are smaller. Maybe those painted with a grey color with a black wash and a light drybrush? Or do you think an outdoors/grass look would fit better? I'm open to suggestions.

• Like 2

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By BardicDave
      I previously posted a show-off thread for the male lion in this pair, but I wound up stripping him and repainting him after mistakenly ruining him when doing touch-ups/sealing. So here they both are!

C&C welcome.

• By Citrine
      In my quest to paint up every race class combination, I tackled this fun mini from Oathsworn Miniatures.  One bad thing about pre-painting dragonborn is that they have unique powers based on their dragon color, so how likely is it that someone want to pick this mini in blue for the character?  Oh well, another one down!

• By Standifer
      Several weeks ago I got to go to the hobby store and found a couple of new minis, one was this little jewel.

It is pretty much done in the painting department, but what good is a catapult without its crew?
      These are some Oathmark dwarves that I’m converting to do the job.

I admit the barrel is too big to fit in the catapult, but I’m going to find a way to work it in.

I need to build a base big enough to hold everything and get some more dwarves, it is a start though.
      Ideas are welcome!
      Thanks for looking!
    • By BardicDave
      My goal here was to push myself to go as fast as possible. Start to finish it took approx. 2.5 hours, which is definitely a record for me. Contrary to my usual practice, I painted the integral base; when I do get around to doing a proper base, I will likely integrate it into the display. C&C welcome.

• Who's Online   9 Members, 0 Anonymous, 36 Guests (See full list)