Rabbit Ranger from Dark Sword Miniatures

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

You are doing great work here.  My only thing I would do differently if it were mine would be to vary the color of the eyes.  They are the same basic color of the fur, so they meld into the face a little, and you did such a good job bringing them to life.

• Thanks 1

Oooh, I forgot about him.  Oathsworn does amazing bunnies!  I have a finished Paladin, and the retired soldier barkeep is on my bench.  They both have this expression of Seen it, done it, you don't impress me on them and this one is no exception. I like the color scheme you have chosen and look forward to the finished piece! (now to find him in my pile...)

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Kangaroorex said:

Oooh, I forgot about him.  Oathsworn does amazing bunnies!  I have a finished Paladin, and the retired soldier barkeep is on my bench.  They both have this expression of Seen it, done it, you don't impress me on them and this one is no exception. I like the color scheme you have chosen and look forward to the finished piece! (now to find him in my pile...)

This one is from Dark Sword.

I painted one years ago.

https://forum.reapermini.com/index.php?/topic/60495-dark-sword-rabbit-ranger-by-glitterwolf/&/topic/60495-dark-sword-rabbit-ranger/?hl=tortoise

• Like 3

15 hours ago, Glitterwolf said:

Looks good!

Cheers! Thanks!

13 hours ago, Jasper_the_2nd said:

Great looking bunny!!

Thank you!

11 hours ago, Darcstaar said:

You are doing great work here.  My only thing I would do differently if it were mine would be to vary the color of the eyes.  They are the same basic color of the fur, so they meld into the face a little, and you did such a good job bringing them to life.

I was thinking the same thing. I may make them a bit more orange/yellow like the outfit. I'm trying to keep colors to a minimum, but I still very much want contrast to be high enough in those important areas like the eyes.  Thanks for the feedback!!

11 hours ago, Kangaroorex said:

Yay!  Can't wait to see what you do with yours!  I'm having fun with this little guy. I hope to finish him soon, but am heading out of town for a few days, so he may have to wait until I return.

Thanks!!

3 hours ago, Rigel said:

Lovely cloak and those eyes are fantastic! 

Thank you!!!

• Like 1

Well glitterwolf caught me out on this one.  I currently do have the ex military hare from oathsworn on my bench.  However, I also have a number of hare raising fellows from dark sword that are now going to have to become part of the bunny brigade, especially since I just got the bunnies and borrows reboot.  Looks like a bunch of bunnies are headed to my desk! ::D:

I've been looking for an excuse to paint them...

• Like 4

2 hours ago, Kangaroorex said:

Well glitterwolf caught me out on this one.  I currently do have the ex military hare from oathsworn on my bench.  However, I also have a number of hare raising fellows from dark sword that are now going to have to become part of the bunny brigade, especially since I just got the bunnies and borrows reboot.  Looks like a bunch of bunnies are headed to my desk! ::D:

And now you have it ::P:

Edited by Glitterwolf
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

13 hours ago, Kangaroorex said:

Paint ALL the bunnies!! ::D:

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Awesome job so far.

The only thing is that his pouches/sack etc are painted in browns, as is his bow as is his fur.

As a result it all blends in.

You can leave it this way, because it is all painted well and as a ranger he can pull it off, blending in with his surroundings.

But for me, I would give it some more contrast, maybe paint them a darker brown, or a light grey, I think it will make him "pop" more.

Edited by Glitterwolf
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1