Getting to Know You August 2019 presented by MvM

ManvsMini

4 hours ago, ManvsMini said:

Question for August 11th:

If you are flipping channels on TV (aka channel surfing), what movie or show episode will you always stop to watch, despite having already seen it?

High Sierra, White Heat, etc. Pretty much any of the old crime movies from classic hollywood. With Turner Classic Movies becoming Turner's Constant Musicals, this happened less and less often and now the tv is used for playstation only.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

7 hours ago, ManvsMini said:

If you are flipping channels on TV (aka channel surfing), what movie or show episode will you always stop to watch, despite having already seen it?

13th Warrior and/or Shawshank

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Gargs said:

13th Warrior and/or Shawshank

Gargs beat me by 2 minutes; I was also going to say 13th Warrior.

Shawshank Redemption is an excellent movie, too.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

Not many, I usually watch little TV.

If I had to choose something I would say Star Trek Original Series but those rarely air these days.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 2

9 hours ago, ManvsMini said:

My house mate is the telly addict, so she's the one who does the channel surfing (I actually watch surprisingly little TV considering it's on all day).

Her picks would be Judge Judy, Money For Nothing, Salvage Hunters, The Yorkshire Vet and The Simpsons (The only one I normally watch, although The Yorkshire Vet is pretty good as long as I've got something else to look at when they're operating).

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

9 hours ago, ManvsMini said:

Princess Bride, El Dorado, Big Jake (well, nearly any John Wayne movie, really), Seven Samurai, Magnificent Seven.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

11 hours ago, ManvsMini said:

1) The Avengers - just can't help myself

2) Tremors - I mean, come on. Forget footloose, this is Kevin Bacon's finest.

3) The episode of The Big Bang Theory where Sheldon is trying to form a new group of friends with Stuart, Zack, and Kripke. It's my favorite because of those three.

• Like 8

15 hours ago, ManvsMini said:

Any classic Film Noir.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

17 hours ago, ManvsMini said:

I don't have a lot of channels to flip through.  Even when I do, I rarely rewatch shows.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

18 hours ago, ManvsMini said:

I don't turn on the TV unless I have something I intend on watching. But I do have a couple of shows I'll always turn on if I just want something as background noise. They include all of the Star Treks, 30 Rock, and Firefly. 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

21 hours ago, ManvsMini said:

TV episodes: Classic Doctor Who.  Blake’s 7.  Babylon 5.

Movies: Flash Gordon (1980).  Clue.  Tron.  Army of Darkness.  Various others.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

On 8/10/2019 at 12:33 AM, ManvsMini said:

Question for August 10th:

Can you ride a bicycle, swim or roller/ice skate? If not, would you like to learn?

Maybe?

I haven’t used a bicycle in at least 10 years, and I haven’t been ice skating in well over 20.

I’m pretty confident that I could get back on a bike and get going pretty quickly. I am not nearly so sure about skates.

Edited by klarg1
  • Like 7
  • Thanks 1