Getting to Know You August 2019 presented by MvM

ManvsMini

8 minutes ago, ManvsMini said:

Question for August 12th:

What mini is the pride of your collection? (painted or unpainted, still in box, etc, doesn't matter what its status is)

Probably my small collection of Mordheim minis. Other than the Undead warband box and Skaven box, I have the Ogre hired sword, Johann the Knife, Witch Hunter Captain, and Middenheimer Champion in metal. I also have a box of Empire Militia (mercenaries). 

Their status as pride is not only because I love the sculpting on them, but also because they're the hardest part of my collection to add onto as prices are ridiculous for the entire line.

• Like 11
  • Thanks 1

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

34 minutes ago, ManvsMini said:

What mini is the pride of your collection? (painted or unpainted, still in box, etc, doesn't matter what its status is)

My Citadel Dwarf Juggernaut:

1901651159_DwarfJuggernaut2.thumb.JPG.6d7c05d6392ce8e2e211abb46f4df32b.JPG

Not the prettiest model I've ever painted, but definitely the heaviest!

• Like 15
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, ManvsMini said:

I'm not a collector. I'm into the creating part. Once I finish something it goes into storage until I find someone to give it to. This goes for pieces I have been given as well.

There is a cool Orc Artiste doing a Morka Lisa that my erstwhile friend, Chris did for me. Someday I will find someone who would enjoy it & it will be theirs.

Best reactions to gift minis is what I collect. SO my favorite is Dr. Kim's reaction to the Mushroom Witch I gave her. Some tears, a hug, & a devastating smile are treasures to me.

Canuckotter & the other Folk I have given  Mushrooms have said that they smile whenever they look at their  Fungus Folk. That is something I take pride in; i.e., I create smiles.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 4

3 hours ago, ManvsMini said:

Well, that' I've painted recently, probably my Viridius.  Or possibly my first ceramic dragon I painted, who stands like 22" tall and I painted a smidge over 20 years ago...

There's also a handful of minis I have that were painted for me by other artists, I don't want to pick favorites with them but I love them all.

• Like 9
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, ManvsMini said:

In terms of painted: nothing really that stands out. Mainly just haven't gotten enough done to really have one stand out.

As for unpainted though: Kaladrax and then Reznik 2 (from Privateer Press) are probably the two I'm most looking forward to.

• Like 9
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, ManvsMini said:

I'm still proud of my little piece, "Where My Mind Wanders". I had been racking my brain (ha ha) when I was painting it, and I thought the figure itself was too plain. Our esteemed @Guindyloo suggested that I put roller skates on it, which inspired me to make a dynamic scene for it. Took a bit of effort but I'm very pleased with the results.

20170117_182046.thumb.jpg.af9512a7b3f85de3967302fcb48bc121.jpg

• Like 11
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

6 hours ago, ManvsMini said:

I'm probably going to have to go with my 28mm scale Dictator B, or.... Hmm, I forgot what my second one was. 

• Like 9
  • Thanks 1