ManvsMini

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

5 hours ago, ManvsMini said:

Question for August 20th:

What is something people are obsessed with, but you don't understand why/get the point of?

Which are the better/failed Star Wars movies; best/worse lightsabre duels; and other Star Wars Minutial Quibbling ad naseum... :rolleyes:

5 hours ago, Darsc Zacal said:

The Kardashians.

Also ^ this.***

I would far, far rather keep up with the rise and fall of the Cardassians.

Edited by TGP
***I cannot tell which is which. Although, if I see a photo of a Kardashian I can recognize that it is a Kardashian. Cardassians are another story, I can tell the difference between Garak, Dukat, and Demar.
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 10

55 minutes ago, ManvsMini said:

What is something people are obsessed with, but you don't understand why/get the point of?

Pickles. I don't get it. They're sourified crunchy water. Cucumbers are so much better with gin.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 5
  • Confused 4
  • Sad 2

52 minutes ago, ManvsMini said:

Football.

I grew up in Los Angeles. Previously the NFL decided Los Angeles was this big untapped market and forced the Rams upon us. We treated them so well that they fled the moment their contract ended. We had one glorious generation without football and then the NFL decided Los Angeles is this big untapped market, they need a football team, they'll appreciate the Rams, we'll force them upon the city...

Now I'm in Eagles territory and I have no elfing clue what the whole thing is about.

• Like 8
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, ManvsMini said:

Most sports, really.

Some of them are more interesting than others, but none of them seem to me to be worth the drooling obsessions I've seen people demonstrate. 

• Like 10
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, ManvsMini said:

Frankly almost anything that isn't a basic need or life threathening thing.

I mean I love my hobby, certain sports, movies, music and all.

But neither is worth getting into fights over, alienate friends over or make it THE thing your life revolves about.

It's all luxury and one should enjoy it and share it, one can have opinions on it, but the moment we walk into "My team is the best and yours should DIE" or "This is THE only miniatures company that exist, the rest is cr#p" or "I can't live without knowing if Kayne stole Kim's mascara" it's gone too far.

• Like 11
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, ManvsMini said:

So much pop culture stuff I don't even know where to begin...

'Reality' TV. Want to see some reality? It's right outside your door. Even better, go out there and experience some of it. <_<

• Like 9
  • Thanks 5

4 hours ago, NebulousMissy said:

Now I'm in Eagles territory and I have no elfing clue what the whole thing is about.

Researching this Mystery will be **easier if you purchase and wear a Dallas Cowboys jersey. Sample player names to look for are: Aiken, Romo, Staubach, Witten, Prescott...

**not necessarily safer.

• Like 3
  • Haha 4
  • Confused 2

1 hour ago, Chaoswolf said:

Reality' TV. Want to see some reality? It's right outside your door. Even better, go out there and experience some of it. <_<

I am not a fan of Reality.

It’s tough to decide which is worse: The as shown on TV kind or the right outside the door flavor.  :unsure:

I cannot stand those Bachelor / Bachelorette shows and the whole handing out of Roses nonsense. Aaaarrgh. (I don’t watch either, but I can tell I can’t stand them just from the incessant trailers and promos.)

I used to think, “Why doesn’t someone just round up a dozen handsome guys and a dozen pretty girls and let them pair off and have at it !!?!” And then a rival network did exactly that. And I thought the Bachelor / Bachelorette trailers were bad. :wacko: I think they called it “Live Island or Love Island”. :zombie:

Be careful what you wish for.

(Even joking around.)

(They ought to have called it Fantasy Island, I mean really —one dozen 6 pack dudes and a dozen gorgeous women— all in one spot?  But obviously “Fantasy Island” was taken.) 

Edited by TGP
  • Like 6
  • Thanks 2

6 hours ago, ManvsMini said:

Yes, lots of things. Coffee for starters. Sportsball of any sort. “Reality” tv also. Getting obsessed over singers or bands. 

Honestly, I don’t get obsession. I like things, I love things, but I don’t let things run my existence. The only exception when when I was pregnant and I NEEDED whatever food I was craving.

• Like 10
  • Thanks 4

6 hours ago, ManvsMini said:

Probably a lot of things...

Reality TV, celebrity gossip, fashion, anime, kickstarter exclusives, CCGs, sports, fixed gear bicycles, Facebook, video games, dieting fads, etc...

Don't get me wrong, I like a lot of those things. I just don't understand obsessing over them.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, ManvsMini said:

Li'l Sebastian. 

I don't get it. At all. It's kind of a small horse, I mean what am I missing? Am I crazy?

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 7