Getting to Know You August 2019 presented by MvM

ManvsMini

56 minutes ago, ManvsMini said:

Question for August 23rd:

If you had an ever-burning never-ending scented candle, what would it smell like? (Bacon, while tasty, is not an option for this question! Think outside the box!)

Painted minis!

So that I’d know what those smell like.

:unsure:

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 10
  • Sad 1

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, ManvsMini said:

If you had an ever-burning never-ending scented candle, what would it smell like? (Bacon, while tasty, is not an option for this question! Think outside the box!)

Hoppe's #9

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, ManvsMini said:

Mint and vanilla. But that's because I kind of already do. I keep buying mint and vanilla candles for Reasons

• Like 9
  • Thanks 2

2 hours ago, ManvsMini said:

Fresh mowed lawn.

Oh and by the way

Spoiler

image.png.9d4e0fc391ff0c087d6ce4a378dadccc.png

Edited by Glitterwolf
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 9
  • Sad 1

4 hours ago, ManvsMini said:

If you had an ever-burning never-ending scented candle, what would it smell like?

Going with Coffee. But also Vanilla. I read somewhere that Vanilla has a mosquito repellent effect. (And thems I hateses!) So:

Coffee and Vanilla

I guess Agromenthicaar would consider me a heretic. 

(Bacon, while tasty, is not an option for this question! Think outside the box!)

Awww. No wonder @Glitterwolf is chasing people off his lawn. 

2 hours ago, Pezler the Polychromatic said:

It should smell like the colour nine.

Octarine?

3 hours ago, Corsair said:

Hoppe's #9

This is a type of Beer? or just an ingredient?

Edited by TGP
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 10

6 hours ago, ManvsMini said:

Napalm in the Morning.

Edited by paintybeard
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 10

6 hours ago, ManvsMini said:

Man, I'm one of those people who can't  tolerate scented stuff. Be it candles, perfume, incense, detergent, etc... it all has to be scent free or my eyes start to water and I get a headache. I love smelling the outdoors, but try and put that in a candle and I'm done. 

That being said, an eternally burning candle does have the potential for creative mischief. For instance, a hog farm scented candle hidden in a corner of an extremely fancy (overpriced) restaurant would be hilarious. Or, the folks in the office like to jokingly complain about my stink (sweat, bug spray, sulfur, and decaying matter) when I come in from the field. A little tealight candle with scent of Thoramel left burning on my desk while I'm out would be great fun. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 9

7 hours ago, ManvsMini said:

Campfire and the woods at night. Pine needles under your feet. Moths and fireflies fluttering about. The crisp hint of autumn on the way. A not very cold drink in hand. The lingering aftersmell of illegal fireworks... 

• Like 10
  • Thanks 2

7 hours ago, ManvsMini said:

I'd go with cookies, but then I'd never stop eating so it would be a horrible cycle. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 7

8 hours ago, ManvsMini said:

Race fuel. Really. Not sure if everyone is aware, but the exhaust smell of race fuel is much much different that from normal gas. When you are out on stand, first thing in the morning, still trying to process caffeine, and that first fast race car or bike goes by, and you get that whiff of race fuel exhaust, it just energizes you.  It's a whole "broccoli's about to get real" kind of thing, get's you on your game.

And it's not just me, you can actually buy race fuel scent candles currently (check the big A).  My favorite name for one was "I love the smell of pre-mix in the morning".

• Like 8
  • Thanks 2

2 hours ago, Thoramel said:

Man, I'm one of those people who can't  tolerate scented stuff. Be it candles, perfume, incense, detergent, etc... it all has to be scent free or my eyes start to water and I get a headache. I love smelling the outdoors, but try and put that in a candle and I'm done. 

Been trying to think up an answer but I'm like this too. There's smells I like but I don't want to be bombarded with them continuously. I've got allergies to a lot of perfumes and scents in soaps. One of my pet peeves is that deodorizers and air fresheners don't really remove the offending smells, just cover it in a heavy layer of stink that makes me sneeze.

• Like 10
  • Thanks 1

9 hours ago, ManvsMini said:

Nothing at all. I don't need to smell anything forever. Also, after not very long at all, you stop smelling most things (olfactory fatigue).

6 hours ago, Glitterwolf said:

Fresh mowed lawn.

So ... phosgene? ::o:

• Like 9
  • Thanks 1