Sign in to follow this  
haldir

Help looking for something similar to this!!

So my Weds game at the FLGS I'm running Frog God Games' "The City that Dripped Blood" & the main adversaries are creatures called Skelzi(s). A description for a miniature equivalent is: medium sized humanoid with emancipated body & a bird head.

image.thumb.png.5ec0d7d133c6b8129f868b36b9baa0dc.png (btw, very cool option, I just copied that from the pdf & I hit CTRL+V to paste into this box & it uploaded!!)

That is a Skelzi. I'm thinking a undead that isn't decomposing & a head swap. At this point, I'd just take a close equivalent to the picture as the PCs are a little over halfway through the adventure. Currently I'm just using blank Reaper bases for anything they encounter out of this adventure so it's kinda awkward & disappointing coming from a DM that uses minis.

Thanks for any help, it's very much appreciated.

• Like 1

02631 cockatrice + 60007 sinspawn might be a good head+body pair.

I also like the new plague doctors. You just have to do some creative paint on the face.

Hell Dorado made a vulture/person hybrid more terrifying than a lot of Kingdom Death's body horror stuff, but it's not readily available (I'd offer mine, but it's seeing use in my own game right now). It's called "Vorenus."

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, Sanael said:

It's called "Vorenus.

Yes, this would be a good one.  And I agree it is super creepy.  Something about a mouth in a mouth....

• Like 2

Vorenus is a cool looking figure. A bit more elaborate then I'd like to rep those skelzis, but the sinspawn I think will be perfect. I really don't need to do any modding really. Again the mini is just so I'm not having blank bases.

• Like 3

Maybe something from Crocodile Games' Wargods of Aegyptus? Their Tethru might have a few choices. They have the tall, thin bird look, but pretty long beaks.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, ManvsMini said:

Maybe something from Crocodile Games' Wargods of Aegyptus? Their Tethru might have a few choices. They have the tall, thin bird look, but pretty long beaks.

Their evil counterparts might be even better, maybe one of these?

They have both the bird head and the lean undead body.

image.png.6f32ae789fef6ff0fdce82b8f0051090.pngimage.png.b87af3f26626722eb42ba84f5324598f.pngimage.png.2f2d28f0d6ee3c169092cff5c2562f1f.png

• Like 7

Yah those are nice. Too bad, time for me to get them is less then a week. One of the biggest problems of having weekly games & online ordering. I did see noble knight can get me the figure on Weds next week (est), so I went with that. I figure I can use a Hakaru witch leader would make for a great rep for the High Leader (one of 2 main bosses they'll face), the rest will be the sinspawns. I've acquired quite a few of those due to the Boneyard bins @ Reapercon.

s-l500.jpg

It's the only he has right now besides anther one with a marker mini. I really wish it was the 9b one was as that would be perfect but you gotta use what you can get your hands on.

• Like 4

3 hours ago, haldir said:

creatures called Skelzi(s)

...a reference to the Skeksis from The Dark Crystal?

Strange considering the Nagpa already exist.

• Like 3

Ninja'd!  Yeah, was wondering that myself.

40 minutes ago, BlazingTornado said:

...a reference to the Skeksis from The Dark Crystal?

• Like 2

I have no idea. As quoted from their monster entry:

Skelzis originate from beyond the Material Plane. They have humanoid bodies with leathery skin, but their human appearance is rendered alien by the beak that protrudes from the birdlike skelzi face. Moreover, a skelzi’s hide is chameleonic, changing to blend with its surroundings. The creatures usually travel robed and masked outside the safety of their own enclaves. Every skelzi outpost, colony, and expedition is well-supplied with weredactyls. Skelzis are aggressively expansionistic, so countless colonies and more than a few empires exist across the infinite planes of existence. Skelzi empires tend to be decadent, corrupt, torpid, and slow to respond to threats — but when they do respond, it is likely to be with overwhelming force. Smaller and younger societies are more energetic. All skelzi societies are organized around a many-tiered caste system in which lower-ranking members serve those above them. The fact that skelzis are willing to serve other skelzis who outrank them should not be confused with an attitude of obedience or with any sense of loyalty. High-ranking skelzis wear extravagant headdresses and rich clothing, deliberately drawing attention to themselves and to their high positions. The skelzis of Temelpa are all vampiric, having been transformed via ritual by Fuulagh. About half of them are also spellcasters (see sidebar). The Grand Exsanguinator is a spellcasting, vampiric skelzi.

The mini above will be the Grand Exs. guy.

Skelzi game stuff are around 45 HPs; avg AC; they have a vampiric bite that drains PCs HP max & restores their HPs; they also have a single person Charm ability & they carry a blood whip that does lingering damage. There hide gives them a +6 & advantage to their stealth checks if they aren't wearing any clothing.

55 minutes ago, BlazingTornado said:

Nagpa is way beyond what this adventure uses. It's only a 5th level adventure. Nagpa is a CR 17 creature.

• Like 2

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this