Miskatonic Theology/Anthropology Dept. Part II (59048, Rippers: Order of St George Nun)

Thanks, all!

21 hours ago, Darcstaar said:

Nice repurposing of dice boxes!?!

Yes indeed! Got the idea from a post on a FB group. The square squat box with the BIG monster skull is a golf ball display; they were on sale at my local craft store. 

On 8/2/2019 at 2:14 PM, Inarah said:

...Love the way the figure fits right in to the setting. She looks slightly nervous, like something might be lurking. 

It's a good survival trait! At Miskatonic, something probably is. You KNOW those demon skulls...whisper when the lights are off. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 2
7 hours ago, KruleBear said:

Very cool trophy room. 

2 hours ago, Iridil said:

Fantastic - great trophies - and then you really killed it with the needlepoint picture on the wall! I bet the nun made it herself! 

Thanks! The needlepoint seemed like a good balance to all the unholy skullage.

(I think it was originally a clip-on earring. It's the picture frame that really sells it.)

9 hours ago, Disciple of Sakura said:

I'm gonna have to get me some of those skulls...

There are SO MANY SKULLZ in that box. Mostly human, some Ork, one or two of the weirder ones each. You may find your creativity exercised by the problem of what to do with so very many skulls.

Me? I'm gonna make a sketchy "WE BUY SKULLS--NO QUESTIONS ASKED!" kiosk.

• Haha 3

On 8/4/2019 at 3:04 PM, Rigel said:

There are SO MANY SKULLZ in that box. Mostly human, some Ork, one or two of the weirder ones each. You may find your creativity exercised by the problem of what to do with so very many skulls.

I paint dragons - I *never* have a problem with what to do with skulls....

This is absolutely awesome and had me in stitches!

• Thanks 1
On 8/4/2019 at 11:30 PM, Egg of Coot said:

Very, very nice.  I may have to steal that idea . .  .

Thank you, and steal away!

23 hours ago, Warlady said:

I paint dragons - I *never* have a problem with what to do with skulls....

This is absolutely awesome and had me in stitches!

Good call, and I appreciate both the kind words and the cross-stitch pun! Your dragons are hella rad, too.

• Like 1

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Lord of the Dish Pit
      Finally got around to finishing one of the minis that's been on the table since Spring.

Behold Sister Maris of the Order of Our Lady of Elf Beating!

Not sure if the stakes are a secondary hand weapon or meant to be launched out of the gun...

Could pass as a Sith from this angle...

Since I didn't know if the gun was for launching stakes, or some kind of sunlight cannon, I decided to just keep it a dull black/grey in the style of modern firearms, to try and keep something of a sense of realism about it and to tie it in with the rifle of Grace, the Holy Assassin.

The Sisters of Elf Beating thus far, Sister Maria, Sister Maris, and Grace the Holy Assassin.
    • By Benwlundy
      Sorry for the multiple crappy pictures...my cheapy camera doesn't like bright white at all, so I had to take multiple pics under multiple lighting situations to get all the different elements photographed...having said all that, let me introduce you to Sister Ellen!
      Sister Ellen is a zombie nun character in my upcoming diorama "Plan 9: Ressurection". I made her ruler myself, the figure came from Westwind Productions, and she's 28mm. She used to be a teacher in a Catholic school...and carries a weaponized ruler to aid in her spree! She used to crack knuckles and take names, now she cracks skulls and eats BRAINS!!!

• By GodOfCheese
      It is said that Sister Hilda's sermons were more blistering than any flame strike, and that her withering scowl could flatten a troll.

• By Pingo
      This is Reaper's 50159: Sister Maria, Nun, sculpted by Patrick Keith.

I have a friend who once was a nun, who now writes murder mysteries.  Some while ago I made a joking reference to my hobby of painting tiny D&D characters and out of curiosity she took a look at Reaper's main site.

Which just happened at that moment to have this figure at the top of the page. 

She was tickled.

We are planning a trip by her part of the country this summer, and hopefully we will be able to meet up for a visit.

So I am painting up Sister Maria as a present.

Basic prep involved gluing her to her base and gluing in her left hand.  I chose the ruler option.  I had trouble pinning and in the end just glued her hand into place.

Then I primed her thinly with Titanium White and washed her with Burnt Umber (not shown).  This is my basic prep for all metal minis.

I checked with my friend what the colors of her order had been.  Then I started with a little white on the nun's habit.

I painted solid Mars Black on her dress and along the base edge.  I'm a little sorry I did, actually, because it's so black and solid there's little room to go.  Normally when I paint blacks I like building up layers of color like a watercolor.

Then I did a little preliminary brushing of highlights in a very simple cold grey.  This is very rough and crude yet.

• By Skrill
      Hi,

Here is my take on Sister Maria, the gun-toting nun. She is turning Goth with black lipstick...

I'm really not comfortable painting and highlighing black.
      So for her, I tried to go the otherway around by basecoating her medium/dark gray, and apply several layers of black wash to darken eveything and let the sculpt do the work.
      It turned out better than anticipated... at least better than when I try to manually highlight black.

But my camera didn't really the white on her... too "constrasty"... Taking picture is a learning process too ...

• Who's Online   5 Members, 0 Anonymous, 43 Guests (See full list)