Sign in to follow this  
haldir

One more time!! Single bird minis

Thanks for the help on the Skelzi rep. The sinspawn will work great for the them & I ordered a Croc Game Hakaru Witch Master for their leader. It beats just using blank mini bases!!

I've got anther one. I'm gonna add a really cool adventure I found on DmsGuild called "Down came a Blackbird" for Saltmarsh. I'm gonna stick in after the party gets down with either Sinister Secret or possibly Danger at Dunwater. Anyways, there are encounters with blood hawks & other regular similar birds. I know I'm gonna use the birds or prey familiars but I think I have a encounter that requires like 4 or 5 of them so, getting that many familiar packs isn't cost prohibited. Any other bird minis out there that might sit in for blood hawks & similar avian? 

I know about the vulture pack as well, but I'd like to avoid that one, as my players will THINK they are buzzards & they are other birds. If anything, if the party delays getting to DCaB till after RCON, I can always have someone already attending grab the birds out of the Boneyard bins & get them using my melt credit. Possible as we play every 2 weeks. In the meantime thou....

• Like 1

Ginfritters/Armorcast used to sell birds on a post, about 5 to a pack.  I don't see it on the web, you'd have to ask if they still cast them. 

1 hour ago, Werkrobotwerk said:

how do you feel about vultures? 03797

I know about them & I'd like to avoid them due to they are vultures & my players would think they are vultures as soon as I put them on the table. They tend to think if the mini has a sword, it's using a sword, even thou I'll mention something else.

4 hours ago, Werkrobotwerk said:

Stone haven has a hawk, a heron, an owl, a swan, and a crow as single packs

Problem with those is a single mini is about the same as a Reaper familiar pack. <_<

I like Stonehaven but their over the top price increase makes me look elsewhere for minis.

30 minutes ago, haldir said:

Problem with those is a single mini is about the same as a Reaper familiar pack. <_<

I like Stonehaven but their over the top price increase makes me look elsewhere for minis.

ok then, how do you feel about mutated birds? mantic has "plague murder birds" that has 2 bases of normal sized bird swarms, 2 big mutant birds, and a bird roost.

but other than that I'm out of ideas.

31 minutes ago, Werkrobotwerk said:

ok then, how do you feel about mutated birds? mantic has "plague murder birds" that has 2 bases of normal sized bird swarms, 2 big mutant birds, and a bird roost.

but other than that I'm out of ideas.

15 minutes ago, Werkrobotwerk said:

ooh I take it back, search "bird" on privateer press's store they've got a few individual bird bits available on the cheep!

I'll take a look at both (done). The birds are normal birds just under the control of a sea hag. I did order single sets of 3 each of the Murder Crowz from Zombicide off a ebayer the other night, so my swarms are taken care of but I do like the Mantic swarms. (Reaper has a great bird swarm as well & I may use those as well, if I have the time to get em before the game. 

PP might be the ones that I use. Nice find! I've use PP's store before for bits so I know it's reliable.Thanks!

*Curiosity got me & I had to see who the birds belong to (Una). I may have to pick that mini up in the future. ::D:

• Like 2

I'm a bit late to the game, here, but I was also going to suggest PrivPress. I really love the zombie crows in their Cryx faction.

Just placed my order. It's been so long since I was into PP's stuff (I think Hordes wasn't even out yet...YIKES!) but I tried to find something neat in their bits store  to add but I ended up with just the birds (4 actually as that is the max number for a encounter). I went with Una's 3 unfurled birds (1, x2, not the hooded one)  & the other one Vycoss or something like that (the one with the charging knight).

The 4 don't sound allot for a encounter but there is also a Peryton involved & also random chaos going on during a town square battle.

Looking forward to getting these D&D combat ready!!

Again, thanks everyone, great ideas!! If I had more time, I would have explore more options out there. I guess I can't blame this one on my procrastination but just time between games.

• Like 1