Possible trade day at ReaperCon

MadMan430

Okay, first of all I love Reaper miniatures so in my suggestion please do not think that I think badly of any of their miniatures.  When I got Bones 4 there are some miniatures that I have either already painted or really just don't have a desire to paint.  Is there any chance that Reaper would set aside a certain time on a certain day in a certain area where people can bring what they have multiples of or miniatures they don't have a desire to paint and trade them with like minded individuals?  When I got my Fan favorites box I got some that just don't appeal to the painter in me.  This does not mean that I do not think they are great figures, they just don't peak my interest or desire to either paint them again or paint them at all.  One of these, for me, are the Sophie miniatures. I just don't have the desire to paint them. One they are really small, and with my 63 year old eyes and even a visor are difficult to paint.  So, I just thought I would throw this idea out there and see what others think and hopefully Reaper will consider this.  Anyways, thanks for reading this and I would love to hear some opinions about this idea.

Edited by MadMan430
  • Like 2

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Reaper might not but you could totally set your own thing up. The main area is a huge room with plenty of tables. I last year and this year am hosting a basing get together at one of the tables. It's not sanctioned or sponsored by anyone or on the schedule but I just set the time and people who are interested in learning how to base or look at the materials show up, you could do the same just pick a time namee a sign or some other way for people to recognize it and let people know on here and the fb page and I guarantee people will show up. I know I would ive got done minus id trade I know that so there's some food for thought. 

• Like 3

Reaper doesn't always read this forum.  They don't allow trades on the forum,  and the policy for the convention is unclear. Your best bet, if you want this to be a "thing" at the con is to email and ask permission to make it an event.  If you just set up a table and announce you are trading, you might get shut down and kicked out.   

• Like 4

Note that this very question came up on the last ReaperLive and Ed said that trading at ReaperCon was fine:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yANR8V-5Tv4

starting at about 1:04.

That said, it's certainly possible that his comment was off-the-cuff enough that this could go away by the time the con actually arrives.

• Like 5