Jump to content

Wednesday Evening - Post Pizza Dungeon Gaming?


Green Eyed Monster
 Share

Recommended Posts

Is anyone contemplating any gaming for Wednesday Evening after Pizza Dungeon?

Seems like a pickup game would be a great excuse for taking out new Dungeon Dice for a "test drive"- - - - -

If our plans go as currently sketched in we will be arriving in Denton late Tuesday Afternoon and baring any last minute paint slinging will be up for some RPGing from the time we get unpacked and settled in.

GEM

  • Like 5
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

8 hours ago, Green Eyed Monster said:

I think you just volunteer to be our DM. :poke:

Shall we plan for near the water feature in the lobby?

GEM

Uh... Sure? I haven't been to the hotel yet, but sure!

 

Game on!

 

I'll be running classic D&D (rules cyclopedia). If you're not familiar with it, a retro clone called Labyrinth Lord is like 98% the same, and is available for free. Shall I bring pretend, or are you interested in rolling up your own characters?

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, Crowley said:

Uh... Sure? I haven't been to the hotel yet, but sure!

 

Game on!

 

I'll be running classic D&D (rules cyclopedia). If you're not familiar with it, a retro clone called Labyrinth Lord is like 98% the same, and is available for free. Shall I bring pretend, or are you interested in rolling up your own characters?

I can roll up a character on the spot or if you have certain characters in mind to fit a planned scenario I can play one of those, or any where along the spectrum that will make a game flow better.  Be advised, if the dice indicate that character has a handicap or disability I ~will~ play it that way.

As luck would have it, I just acquired a Rules Cyclopedia off of the Bay of EEE and it should arrive this week.

-

As far as the hotel goes, it's much nicer than your average con facility.  The place is P O S H.:winkthumbs:  The whole hotel is suites if that gives you any idea as to the level I'm trying to describe.  The lobby is about 3 stories high with a water feature that adds ambiance and humidity to a pleasant level. and it is huge.  Basically, the roof of the lobby is the floor of one of the Ballrooms. To give you an idea of how big the place is, there was a wedding with circa 300 guests on Saturday while the con was in full swing and the only one who was the least little bit inconvenienced was the Bridezilla who wasn't happy that she didn't have the whole place to herself.  Some of the guests snuck a peek at the con. ::o:

The restaurant/pub is handy off of one side of the lobby.  Last year, the staff were mostly excited to host ReaperCon as many of them are younger ~and~ gamers.  Should be even more fun than last year as the place is now broken in and it should be mostly the same staff.

GEM

  • Like 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I missed the bridezilla.. I always miss the amusing bits.

I did get ambushed by a kid at breakfast Saturday, though - I was in costume, and dog only knows what she took me for. Cute kid. 

 

I /think/ we might be there by Wednesday. I'unno if we'll be sane enough for any gaming, but... we'll see, eh? 

 

  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Moderator
22 hours ago, Green Eyed Monster said:

Is anyone contemplating any gaming for Wednesday Evening after Pizza Dungeon?

Seems like a pickup game would be a great excuse for taking out new Dungeon Dice for a "test drive"- - - - -

If our plans go as currently sketched in we will be arriving in Denton late Tuesday Afternoon and baring any last minute paint slinging will be up for some RPGing from the time we get unpacked and settled in.

GEM

 

I've got a "We Be Goblins" Pathfinder (first edition) module I've run before and would love to run again! Wednesday evening is literally the only day I can do it, but I didn't think there was a way to put it on Growtix since it's before the con technically begins. 

 

I'd be happy to unofficially run it for 4-6 people, though! ^_^

 

It's pretty much what it says on the tin. Everyone is goblins (characters are provided). There is shenanigans, fire, sooper scary monsters (that aren't really that scary), bad grammer, explosions, terrible planning, and still more shenanigans. Backstabbing is encouraged (well, any kind of stabbing, really), particularly if done in a humerous fashion. If your idea makes the GM crack up, chances are very good that I'll allow it. :lol:

 

Huzzah!

--OneBoot :D 

 

Huzzah! 

--OneBoot :D 

Edited by OneBoot
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, OneBoot said:

 

I've got a "We Be Goblins" Pathfinder (first edition) module I've run before and would love to run again! Wednesday evening is literally the only day I can do it, but I didn't think there was a way to put it on Growtix since it's before the con technically begins. 

 

I'd be happy to unofficially run it for 4-6 people, though! ^_^

 

It's pretty much what it says on the tin. Everyone is goblins. There is shenanigans, fire, sooper scary monsters (that aren't really that scary), bad grammer, explosions, terrible planning, and still more shenanigans. Backstabbing is encouraged (well, any kind of stabbing, really), particularly if done in a humerous fashion. If your idea makes the GM crack up, chances are very good that I'll allow it. :lol:

 

Huzzah!

--OneBoot :D 

 

Huzzah! 

--OneBoot :D 

 

... This sounds like some sessions from my group, tbh. 

I have a Thing; make me laugh hard enough, and Good Thngs Will Happen For You; I call it the Ded GM Award. ^^

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Moderator
6 minutes ago, Sylverthorne said:

 

... This sounds like some sessions from my group, tbh. 

I have a Thing; make me laugh hard enough, and Good Thngs Will Happen For You; I call it the Ded GM Award. ^^

 

:bday:

 

It makes it more fun for everyone, I think, and also speeds things up, since I play a bit more fast and loose with the rules. 

 

Huzzah! 

--OneBoot :D 

Edited by OneBoot
  • Haha 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 minutes ago, Sylverthorne said:

I missed the bridezilla.. I always miss the amusing bits.

I did get ambushed by a kid at breakfast Saturday, though - I was in costume, and dog only knows what she took me for. Cute kid. 

 

I /think/ we might be there by Wednesday. I'unno if we'll be sane enough for any gaming, but... we'll see, eh? 

 

Is now a part of ReaperCon Lore.

I personally can't understand anybody being so self centered that they think their throwing a Ceremony and Bash for 300 of their closest friends entitles them to exclusive use of a facility as large as the Denton Convention Center.

Perhaps the hotel did not communicate to them that their use of the main Hotel Ballroom would not be the only event taking place that weekend.  Still, I kinda pity the guy involved having to start off married life with "wifey" having a Bridezilla Moment over shared usage of such a huge facility.

GEM

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...