Sign in to follow this  
BLZeebub

Ruined building terrain (pic-heavy-ish)

This is just something that's been on the SoS for an embarrassing amount of time.  Finally making the effort to finish it up and move on.  Materials are corrugated cardboard on a base of stiff cardboard/MDF.  Rebar from paperclips.  Rocks, gravel, and sand, and a straw for the pipe.  Spray primed with black, wet brushed with gray hobby paint.  Next will be some highlights and a wash, some vegetation, and done.  Reaper Bones skelie for skale!  Pardon the rigged light box--lots of other house projects have my hobby room crammed with crap at the moment.

20190803_165438.thumb.jpg.8d1b2cd526d11c94a52999a036d2fd78.jpg20190803_165526.thumb.jpg.15365f0aebc6e232d3417e8fb71621b1.jpg20190803_165457.thumb.jpg.be2fbbf03aefdcbd41c3a84282cbbfae.jpg

Edited by BLZeebub
wetbrushing is not drybrushing
  • Like 9

A quick drybrush of pure white hobby paint, aiming to really pick up the contrast and add some disorder to the large blank spaces.  Next I washed the outer wall with a deep, reddish brown mix that I made (mostly Chocolate Bar.  The inner walls and debris got a wash of stony gray (Pewter Gray), and the ground/dirt received a wash of mostly Country Tan.  Most of the "hobby paints" I allude to for this are by Apple Barrel.  I ordered the pics side by side this time with the white dry brush on the left and the washes on the right--from the pics the effect is VERY subtle, but the first one captures it fairly well.  I don't remember if it was done in these pics, but I also did a heavy gray wash on the corner pieces on three sides.  More to come soon!  Comments and critiques welcome.

20190804_181026.thumb.jpg.efa928976640eafdd41d104189543b61.jpg20190807_071327.thumb.jpg.4251f2e3224e184fcae99143c292bf6d.jpg20190804_181037.thumb.jpg.1a6e02cc7b61ea23b3fc4943c699a057.jpg20190807_071343.thumb.jpg.b27bf332393c3ce449189f1b5377a471.jpg20190804_181056.thumb.jpg.9572a18758e5916d07ddd569d4b1d207.jpg20190807_071405.thumb.jpg.78f2764687ce23bf86fb810efcb9c377.jpg

• Like 5

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By lexomatic
      So I got a newsletter with super early (2020) kickstarter tease (image behind the spoiler).

• By snitchythedog
      Well mostly scenic base.  Made a town centre that will get dressed up as a market once finished. Basing material is foamex with a plastic receipt spool covered in Milliput.  Painted with a mix of craft, PP and GW paints.  Further tinted with a treatment of oils. 

• By Jordan Peacock
      Online, from a certain market of miniatures, I found some "Kaosball" team expansion packs on clearance (for a better price than what they're listed at now, as of this writing).  Each pack contains 13 32mm-scale minis in 2 poses (6 of one pose on 25mm square bases, and 7 of an alt pose on 25mm round bases), a "bust" that represents the "team coach," and a game-specific 12-sided die (which I suppose isn't much use for anything, unless I actually wanted to play the game).  Anyway, this worked out to being under $1 a figure, and the sculpts looked interesting, so I got a few packs.  (I find it hilarious, though, that while most of the packs are marked down, the "Felinia Hellcats" -- scantily-clad gun-toting cat-girls -- are specifically marked as "[CLEARANCE]" and yet they're priced at about 3x the asking price for each of the other teams.)

I originally picked these guys up (the "Samaria Barbarians") with a vague intent that "someday" I would run a Savage Worlds convention one-shot scenario heavily inspired by the "Brütal Legend" video game ... but it occurred to me that few if any of my players would have heard of that game, and I'm no particular "expert" on anything rock-and-roll-related, so maybe I'm not the best person to GM such a setting.

However, I could always use a few more post-apocalyptic wastelanders.  The "big hair" style here doesn't necessarily look like it would fit the current Fallout aesthetic as established in Fallout 4 and Fallout 76, but I think these guys wouldn't look terribly out of place in the original Fallout 1 & 2 (what with all the "Mad Max" and "Fist of the North Star" wannabes wandering about in those games).  I removed the figures from their bases, putty-and-texture-stamped the 25mm round bases, putty-and-texture-stamped some plastic 25mm rounds for the remaining figures, and did a few hand swaps and bit-add-ons to give a few of the figures visible ranged weaponry.  (I figured that would give me a little more buy-in if I were to field a gang of these guys for an encounter and then they start FIRING on the PCs, versus what pushback I might get if they *appeared* to only be armed with axes.)

I used some paper printed license plates to add some "junk armor" elements to further reinforce the "post-apocalyptic" vibe.

Each team pack also comes with a "bust" to represent the team coach.  I went with a bronze-and-verdigris scheme for each.
    • By lexomatic
      Came across this article. Oh to have money, time, and space.

"The scenery and structures are his forte, rather than the locomotives and tracks. "I find beauty in what everyone else sees as ugly - rugged skyscrapers, beaten-up warehouses, things that are very run down."
  • Who's Online   37 Members, 1 Anonymous, 339 Guests (See full list)