Recently Browsing 0 members
No registered users viewing this page.
Welcome to Getting to Know You, December 2018 Edition.
The rules as they currently stand:
1. Every day, or so (unless I am out or ill or something) I will post a question.
1.5. Should I be unable to post a question for the day a crack team of deputy quisitors, former quisitors, and random forum members are all chomping at the bit to step in and post one...
2. In theory there is a 24 hour span to answer that question before the next question is posted.
2.5. (Rule 2 is the most frequently ignored rule.)
3. Questions are going to be posted between 8:00 hours and 13:00 hours GMT (UK / Europe Time: some Zero Dark Thirty hour for US time zones)
4. Everyone is encouraged to suggest future questions to be posted via PM to me... (Or Talespinner, he started it.)
5. You do not have to answer every question to play...
6. If a question is TMI or N/A simply wait for the next question.. ..or post that you decline to answer (clues regarding why can be fun...unless TMI).
7. Weekend questions will usually take the form of two or three day quests, starting on Friday or Saturday.
December will begin ^ with such a question because the month begins on a Saturday.
Check out HW Car with ^ gun included..!
Has Mattel® heard of what you guys are doing with their cars?
If there is a thread I need to add to the list above, somebody drop me a line.
The purpose of this thread is to gather in one place all the visual answers to the oft recurring question, “How big is Reaper miniature __ __ __ __ __ ?”
That question comes up about once a week; but always about different models. This thread is meant to serve as a place for those foolish kind souls who decide to answer in detail with a photograph to post their work.
Guidelines for such photographs
“...Posed in front of an inch or centimeter grid, and / or with a ruler laid out in front of, above, or behind them, and / or next to other Miniatures for comparison...” Comparison pics are the most useful because the numerical height of a model doesn't always tell you how bulky it is, or how exaggerated the features might be. Common objects like paint dropper bottles, figure bases, and specific Miniatures like Sir Forscale (76543) can acquaint the viewer with size of a new Mini, especially while standing on a grid. The best comparison shots are like police line-ups: several miniatures side-by-side in front of an easily-read scale.
@Pingo @redambrosia and @lowlylowlycook contributed most of the wording in the preceding paragraph (which I edited a bit).
Links to previous efforts
(... this space reserved for links to other posts with photos that may be scattered around the forums ...)
I painted an OOP GW metal Stegadon for my Lost World Project and added Foundry Aztec Crew.
First some pics against neutral background
And then some against my Jungle Photo Board.
RAFM Hartha the Death Machine, Orc War Triceratops.
A great vintage lead kit..
Of course it HAD to go into my Lost World Project.
Who's Online 18 Members, 2 Anonymous, 307 Guests (See full list)