Desert of the Dead, fantasy wargaming miniatures!

• Replies 838
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Mine arrived today too. Sucked up most of my attention. I was able to play a bit with stuff at lunch. The sorceress on volocigator is pretty awesome... though I managed to break her so I converted her

Greenstuffworld Roller pins, I have cobblestone, Greek, Egyptian, Aztec and Plain. ( the latter is for flattening the putty/clay before you apply a motif) These are awesome!   Some

Actually mine came in the mail today, so no tracking info for my order was ever emailed   But at least it came to the right address    

Posted Images

This almost seems like something a certain @Glitterwolf could very well be interested in, assuming there's any room left in the storage areas for more undead stuff...

EDIT: Ooooh, this is the one they've been teasing for a little while, huh.... Hmmmmm.  We shall see. ^_^;;;

Edited by WhiteWulfe
  • Like 2
2 hours ago, WhiteWulfe said:

This almost seems like something a certain @Glitterwolf could very well be interested in, assuming there's any room left in the storage areas for more undead stuff...

EDIT: Ooooh, this is the one they've been teasing for a little while, huh.... Hmmmmm.  We shall see. ^_^;;;

Thanks for summoning me.

I have pledged for 5 pound ( 1 pound pledge plus 4 pound shipping) for add ons.

I don't need the majority of the infantry, I also wonder if they are all the same pose and then they would not be my cup of tea, I want unique looking soldiers.

But I went in for the add ons.

What I find interesting are the Catapult, the lord in the chariot, the resin scenery, the Hydra, the sphinxes, and in the video they teased a giant, a mummified giant snake and a winged T-Rex with Elf Rider.

Should the infantry be multipose then I might want the Ushabti things and some of those Elves.

I'm not interested in the Halflings, those little buggers are only meant to be eaten by my wolves.

All in all, an interesting project, but too much renders and drawings at the moment.

So I'm in for the minimum and will see how it unfolds.

By the time it's pledge manager time I will make up my decision about what to get.

This will be my approach to most kickstarters from now on, including Bones V.

I have been disappointed by a few renders ( Still trying to sell Argent because of that) and te Brexit and China/US trade war are a thing to watch carefully.

Also I'm getting more picky.

Since this is an UK based company, I will also see how Brexit stuff will interfere by then. Maybe..hopefully...

@Rigel they do have cactusmen!

Maybe you will like it.

Edited by Glitterwolf
  • Like 6

They have unlocked an Undead Giant, Chariots and are now approaching an Elven Bolt Thrower in Egyptian Style.

The more I look at it, the more I like it all.

Pledged for add ons, basically access to the pledge manager to get what I want.

I will certainly go for the War Machines like the Chariot, Catapult, Sphinxes and the Giant.

Probably the Ushabti and maybe more.

But I will wait till the pledge manager goes live, this and Bones V might compete for me.

I will do the same there, pledge for a minimum and then see when the Pledge Manager goes live what I will get.

Although I love the artwork I want to see minis.

Argent and the Female Frost Giants from Bones IV have teached me to wait till you see as much from the actual sculpt as possible.

• Like 4

i got one of the diversity bundles and a couple add ons in their halfling ks, and they were all recieved in good time, being good quality sculpts, resin and castings.

and ridiculously low prices! A+ will back again.

each unit type had several poses.

Edited by Maledrakh
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 1

After talking to the creator and weighing my options, I failed my will save.

Changed my pledge to the Megadeal and an additional 20 for the Liche Lord in Chariot.

Meaning I will get it ALL and all the stretch goals that will be added to either the Mummy Army or the Elven Battalion.

This will give me the Legion I need for my Shifting Sands Project.

There are a few stretch goals that are not included, but those are either added in the pledge manager if I want them or not..

I figure I can sell off the stuff I don't really need ( MDF terrain, Halflings, Rumbleslam and Adventurers, maybe a few of the duplicates of the slaves and hordes) while getting all stretch goals fro free.

Thanks @WhiteWulfe for ambushing my wallet..::P:

It's just too much, sphinxes, catapult, Desert Elves with snakes, chariots, Mummies, Zombie Slaves, Giants...

My girl just laughed when I mentioned it...I wonder why..

image.png.b6c857c1471bec27a22272dae12f3387.png

image.png.c1c7dc9e3a2b08a8283b6c178df04502.pngimage.png.aa543727ef7a4581027b97cdafd8b716.png

image.png.b0d0efef42d7662a7a342513e59da0f5.pngimage.png.51e4e9f16d40291d93967c4419a95887.png

image.png.261da55a6ff22e9e0eb85cb95a34c6c7.png

Edited by Glitterwolf
  • Like 2
  • Haha 4
  • Confused 1
4 hours ago, Glitterwolf said:

Thanks @WhiteWulfe for ambushing my wallet..::P:

Not a problem, had a feeling several things in there would be of interest for the things you enjoy painting, and the themes you've been working on lately ^_^

I suspect I'll be signing up for this one too, I just need to figure out which parts I want the most first.. 

4 hours ago, Glitterwolf said:

My girl just laughed when I mentioned it...I wonder why..

I'm going to go with "because she's awesome like that" 

• Thanks 1
3 hours ago, WhiteWulfe said:

Not a problem, had a feeling several things in there would be of interest for the things you enjoy painting, and the themes you've been working on lately ^_^

I suspect I'll be signing up for this one too, I just need to figure out which parts I want the most first.. 

I'm going to go with "because she's awesome like that" 

Yes she is!

And after calculating the costs for what I would have wanted I figured the Megadeal was the best deal for me.

I can sell some of it and get all I want for a good price.

• Like 2