Desert of the Dead, fantasy wargaming miniatures!

• Replies 838
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Mine arrived today too. Sucked up most of my attention. I was able to play a bit with stuff at lunch. The sorceress on volocigator is pretty awesome... though I managed to break her so I converted her

Greenstuffworld Roller pins, I have cobblestone, Greek, Egyptian, Aztec and Plain. ( the latter is for flattening the putty/clay before you apply a motif) These are awesome!   Some

Actually mine came in the mail today, so no tracking info for my order was ever emailed   But at least it came to the right address    

Posted Images

2 minutes ago, Glitterwolf said:

The creator has talked about a possible ultimate deal.

No idea what will be in there.

Yeah, I am not a big undead guy so any Ultimate deal wont be for me. If it was just elves, mercs and halflings... then i would be on board. I am also unlikely to sell anything so...

I wonder what more will be added as freebies... He mentioned there would be a couple more free stretches this week. Which I bet will be 1 elf and 1 undead freebie more.

I did end up increasing for the mercs. 

• Like 3

Ooh, that alpha jackal... 

Sadly though, for now I've canceled my pledge.  I don't really see me wanting five of each Anubti at this time.  Might re-pledge near the end for a few dollars, but options for singles would be rather lovely. 

• Like 2
Just now, WhiteWulfe said:

Ooh, that alpha jackal... 

Sadly though, for now I've canceled my pledge.  I don't really see me wanting five of each Anubti at this time.  Might re-pledge near the end for a few dollars, but options for singles would be rather lovely. 

Well, you could jut get the Jackal alpha for $6... I have $493 worth of wants right now (not counting bases). Only in for $316 currently though. 

• Like 2
10 minutes ago, Smokestack said:

Well, you could jut get the Jackal alpha for $6... I have $493 worth of wants right now (not counting bases). Only in for $316 currently though. 

True, but that's the only one out of several I want that's available individually - I have a much higher interest in the Anubti...  By several factors (we'll go with "I like jackals" and leave it there) 

• Haha 2
1 minute ago, WhiteWulfe said:

True, but that's the only one out of several I want that's available individually - I have a much higher interest in the Anubti...  By several factors (we'll go with "I like jackals" and leave it there) 

Its probably still too many for you then, but the horrors are only 5 to a set. The alpha and the 5 horrors could make a nice RPG encounter 

• Like 3
3 minutes ago, Smokestack said:

Its probably still too many for you then, but the horrors are only 5 to a set. The alpha and the 5 horrors could make a nice RPG encounter 

At $32ish CAD a shot, when I'll only be painting one, they're out of my pricing range.  I don't do the RPG tabletop thing at this time. 

If I could get an Anubti archer and the other one, oh yeah, I'd be up for such as a single unit each.  But having to buy five, it makes it harder. 

• Like 2

Yeah my primary motivation these days are to make them look cool on a shelf. Though I do use my minis is RPGS... Never really with teh number I have, but I get them.... just in case... You never know when you might need 20 Jackals... For you know, Jackal emergencies...

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

So. Not counting the elven flier...

if if I get:

* 2 elven battalions

* 1 of each elf unlock that doesn’t come in the battalion 

* the jackals, jackal horror and Jacakal hero

* the mercenary battalion

* the halfling battalion

* the halfling spears and veterans

* the giant

* the sand ogres 

* the halfling camel cart

* the flying carpet halfling

* the carnivale Noble 

* 5 packs of bases

it comes out to $815.00 which, whole not as much as I spent for Bones 4, is really more than I want to spend. And we haven’t seen all the unlocks yet. Sigh..,

• Like 1

Yes well,

I'm at € 815 at the moment and they keep coming up with more great add ons.

I went for the Megadeal and I have made a little list of what I would spend the rest on.

Then they showed us more and now I might need to either add more money or start switching the stuff I want extra.

What I want for sure:

• Megadeal ( unless the Ultimate Deal is even better)
  • Scarab Monsters
  • Liche in Chariot
  • Tomb Jackals
  • Sphinx Hounds
  • Jackal Horrors
  • The Elven Cloud Slicer
  • The Ox Cart
  • The Jackal Alpha
  •  

Stuff I'm thinking about which ones to get:

• Elf Queen
  • Elf Sorceress on Flying Mount
  • Elven Slayers
  • Sunblaze Hexes Cavalry
  • Elf Heavy Cavalry
  • Gorgon Spears
  • Gorgon Archers
  • Anubti Bows
  • Liche Reanimator

I'm not sure yet about the humans, but if that cavalry gets camels it might be a unit I want to add as mercenaries to my Tomb King army.

Maybe that Camel Artillery.

Now I love that preview, but is that an efreeti or a lich priest specializing in fire magic?

Looks awesome anyway,

I have been thinking about that airship, I know I want one,

But maybe I want two.

See?

One is a flyer.

The second one makes two minis, one boat ( real boat) and the wings and balloon spare woll make a nice wreck.

Still considering if I need those Genies.

Edited by Glitterwolf

I'm also considering changing from megadeal to just the units I really want,

Difference is I get a little more from certain units that I now get half for free.

I get only half of the infantry and a few I will not have.

I won't have to sell the MDF /Rumbleslam/Adventurers.

Will not get freebies. So have to pay for some untis I get for free now,

Might be able to adjust and shove a little to get specific units.

All in all the difference is like € 70.

Might as well take the deal and sell off what I have excess off, take the freebies and just spend a little more on the units I want extra.

PM will be open till december the creator said.

That Efreeti is going to be a large model, giant?

image.png.6f85ce52b909cfe985371d7323f04ab7.png